No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    He came back 3 months later agreeing to that and more aggressive testing. What happened then, Floyd went unaccounted for? Ross Greenburg thought he knew where he was for a bit.
    Herobando floyd fought Mosley in May 2010 and took the offer off the table because manny hadn't responded. Thats 5 1/2 months later. Then when manny said ok floyd ignored him.

I get that you and davis40 and the rest of manny's fans want to act like 2009 never happened but it did.

So why hasn't manny had testing before rios?

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
      To me there is nothing UNBELIEVABLE about Floyd's demand and demands and the motive for anyone making up something so simple as the type of thing Floyd demands - is just not there. And for Floyd to come out and admit he was a hypocrite, ain't happening. He would find every reason he can cling on to why he is being a hypocrite. This article spells out everything perfectly and it matches Floyd perfectly. If his only goal was to get the upperhand in negotiations, then he had a serious oversight that the information would not make it to the public and put a spotlight on his own view on Catchweights and demanding fighters lose weight. If he and Canelo agree tomorrow to 154, it doesn't remove him from Hypocrisy. He still did what he insulted Pac for doing. He asked a fighter in the same division he has fought in to come down from that division to a lower division and what makes it worse is how his fans have already made excuses for him, yet badgered Pac for.
      And if they agreed to fight at 154, I think most would rejoice and forget about him being a hypocrite. I mean its not like Floyd had a reputation of being such a great, honorable guy in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Herobando floyd fought Mosley in May 2010 and took the offer off the table because manny hadn't responded. Thats 5 1/2 months later. Then when manny said ok floyd ignored him.

I get that you and davis40 and the rest of manny's fans want to act like 2009 never happened but it did.

So why hasn't manny had testing before rios?
        Manny wanted that deal after he lost leverage at the negotiating table but people forget that. It's the same reason he will take a smaller split now and test up to the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          And if they agreed to fight at 154, I think most would rejoice and forget about him being a hypocrite. I mean its not like Floyd had a reputation of being such a great, honorable guy in the first place.
          Very well said! It may haunt Floyd, as long as he doesn't hold steadfast to any weight below 154 for Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
            To me there is nothing UNBELIEVABLE about Floyd's demand and demands and the motive for anyone making up something so simple as the type of thing Floyd demands - is just not there. And for Floyd to come out and admit he was a hypocrite, ain't happening. He would find every reason he can cling on to why he is being a hypocrite. This article spells out everything perfectly and it matches Floyd perfectly. If his only goal was to get the upperhand in negotiations, then he had a serious oversight that the information would not make it to the public and put a spotlight on his own view on Catchweights and demanding fighters lose weight. If he and Canelo agree tomorrow to 154, it doesn't remove him from Hypocrisy. He still did what he insulted Pac for doing. He asked a fighter in the same division he has fought in to come down from that division to a lower division and what makes it worse is how his fans have already made excuses for him, yet badgered Pac for.
            no richardt-posters badgered pac because he FOUGHT at those weights, not because he asked for them at a certain point in negotiations. Floyd criticized manny for catchweight fights not catchweight negotiations.

You are utterly embarassing yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
              Manny wanted that deal after he lost leverage at the negotiating table but people forget that. It's the same reason he will take a smaller split now and test up to the fight
              Exactly. Manny would still be in a good position-except he tried to levrage a CW with cotto again and he said no. SO manny had to take JMM 4 and got KO'd. Cost him his leverage with floyd.

Comment

• So Canelo trainer claims that's what happened and its gospel solid. Hell Roach once said Floyd asked for Manny fight at 154 so they wouldn't try for a catchweight fight.

Comment

no richardt-posters badgered pac because he FOUGHT at those weights, not because he asked for them at a certain point in negotiations. Floyd criticized manny for catchweight fights not catchweight negotiations. You are utterly embarassing yourself.
                  Man, you are as senseless as a ***ing dead Horse. Floyd said "I want a fighter to be at his most comfortable weight". Get a damn clue, 147 is NOT Canelo's most comfortable weight. Man, what is your mental block????

Comment

Exactly. Manny would still be in a good position-except he tried to levrage a CW with cotto again and he said no. SO manny had to take JMM 4 and got KO'd. Cost him his leverage with floyd.
                    I know when his Clottey fight only did 700k and and Mosley fight did 1.4 mil all his leverage was gone and has gotten worse since then so they went on a campaign to beat Mosley and Marquez better than Floyd did which turned out to be there biggest mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                      No he didn't he agreed to a deal that was off the table on e circumstances had change
                      Thats the definition of goalpost moving

Comment

Working...
                      X