No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
    Just be honest guys lol, admit that you think Floyd fighting a guy at 175 while he's 148 is fair game. A man makes 2 appearances at 154 and he can't request a rehydration clause against guy who's spent his whole career at 154 and rehydrates to light heavy. You people are so desperate to see Floyd lose that you think it can't be done unless it's someone who's coming in the ring 4 weight classes north. Lmfao, pathetic!
    Who is the current wba 154 champ and holder of the WBC's diamond belt?

Comment

• Catchweight would be cool. I remember the same Chepo saying there was no chance at that either. May isn't a 154lber so I wouldn't expect him to make the jump unless absolutely necessary. Guess the fight won't happen

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        What is it? in the space of three posts from you he has been 175, 177 and 180...by september you will have bulked him up to HW.

Comment

• But, if Floyd is really requesting the fight at 147, I call it a duck like the rest of you quacks. I just think objectively.

Comment

• All kinds of crazy things get brought up in negotiations and for leverage purposes. If Canelo is drained in any way leading up to an actual fight, I won't have any respect for the bout though.

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
              Well because one is a 154 champ who comes in at 175. The other is a welterweight who goes up to 154 fights weighing 148.
              Oh, I get it. So along with making new drug testing rules, Floyd gets to make new weight rules.

I thought you guys had this cat as one of the greatest ever? How many of the greatest ever had to keep revising boxings rules?

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                Catchweight would be cool. I remember the same Chepo saying there was no chance at that either. May isn't a 154lber so I wouldn't expect him to make the jump unless absolutely necessary. Guess the fight won't happen

he's the current 2x 154lb champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by swagswag View Post
                  Mayweather is the draw, Mayweather should dictate the terms. Where does Canelo get the idea that he can dictate the terms of the fight?
                  Floyd has the 154lb WBA belt, Gomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                    Canelo must not count.
                    I think the difference is Canelo is begging to fight Floyd not the other way around. I mean Marquez had to go to PAC's weight for the rematch he begged for. Bradley had to go to PAC's weight when he wanted to fight him. Floyd had to go to DLH when he wanted that fight. Guerrero had to move up when he wanted to fight Floyd again he called Floyd out and was man enough to move to his weigh. You see the common theme here. You ask for the fight then you have to go where the guy is.

Comment

• I don't really buy this for a second.....

Comment

Working...
                      X