Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
    Canelo doesn't hold a belt at 168.

Yea, try harder next time.
    because no fighter in the history of boxing has ever gone up and fought for a belt in their first fight?

Comment

• So is the problem for Canelo the fact that he can't make 147, or is it they just don't want mayweather to have his way like his trainer said. I don't see why Canelo's team (or anyone negotiating w/ Floyd) would think they have a any kind of leverage.

Call his bluff agree to 147 and see if he comes with another excuse. This is a chance for Canelo to make more money for 1 fight than he's ever made. You gonna put pride and principle before millions of dolllars?

Comment

• Originally posted by rocktx View Post
        So is the problem for Canelo the fact that he can't make 147, or is it they just don't want mayweather to have his way like his trainer said. I don't see why Canelo's team (or anyone negotiating w/ Floyd) would think they have a any kind of leverage.

Call his bluff agree to 147 and see if he comes with another excuse. This is a chance for Canelo to make more money for 1 fight than he's ever made. You gonna put pride and principle before millions of dolllars?
        Maybe put health and dignity before all that? He'll be fine, he just drew 30k+ for his first serious fight, at 23. He's no Shiming though

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          According to Jose "Chepo" Reynoso, trainer of WBC/WBA 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (44-0-1, 30KOs), there is a weight issue that has to be worked out in order to fight WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs) on September 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Chepo claims that Mayweather wants the fight to take place at the welterweight limit of 147-pounds. Canelo wants to fight at the junior middleweight limit. Chepo says there is "0" chance of the bout take place at 147. They did propose the idea of having a catch-weight, which Mayweather rejected.

[Click Here To Read More]
          Well one thing is for sure Mayweather will hav all the advantages if they fight at 147 all that will be left is power cuz size will be gone and those are the only two advantages Canelo has. I think it works both ways, they're both champions but Mayweather is considered #1 so Canelo should want to fight him no matter what. I don't think Canelo has more then a punchers chance. We keep seeing it over and over again how smaller fighters are beating bigger fighter with speed and movement. Pacquiao does it, Martinez does it and it will happen against Canelo if he fights Mayweather at either weight.

Comment

• That being said people are to reactionary and have little idea on how negotiations go down. Can't be bothered to get into the ins and outs of things but if I was negotiating the fight, I would 'insist' that the fight takes place at 147lb. Doing that would enable me to make a concession when negotiating a split in my favour e.g. ''I will drop the requirement of 147lb if you agree to a 80:20 split''.

If the fight doesn't take place because of the weight, then I will agree that Mayweather avoided Canelo. As things stand there is not enough to go on, it was also unprofessional of Canelo's camp to reveal such information at this point in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              That being said people are to reactionary and have little idea on how negotiations go down. Can't be bothered to get into the ins and outs of things but if I was negotiating the fight, I would 'insist' that the fight takes place at 147lb. Doing that would enable me to make a concession when negotiating a split in my favour e.g. ''I will drop the requirement of 147lb if you agree to a 80:20 split''.

If the fight doesn't take place because of the weight, then I will agree that Mayweather avoided Canelo. As things stand there is not enough to go on, it was also unprofessional of Canelo's camp to reveal such information at this point in time.
              When do 2 current champs in the same division ever make weight negotiable? I can only remember DLH vs Hopkins, but Oscar's belt was totally bogus.

Comment

• Canelo can't beat Floyd. Look, you can use alts, unite, exlax, be a bigot when it comes to Floyd and his fans, but read this, and understand this.

Canelo isn't fast as Floyd, he doesn't hit harder than Floyd, and he isn't in condition like Floyd. Canelo isn't a come forward guy. He is a boxer with good skills who goes to the body. None of that is good enough to beat Floyd. Canelo is right handed...which suits Floyd, and he tires late in fights at times.

To beat Floyd, you have to Duran him, and Canelo ain't Duran-and maybe he can't be Duran'd. Canelo will be strong early against Floyd, and in my opinion fade in the latter rounds.. Floyd will stay strong for the full 12 and beat Canelo up. Size won't matter. Canelo can come in at 180 if he wants.

Once Canelo feels Floyd's power, he will turn into a counter puncher like Guerrero and the rest of those guys Floyd beat...and act like they chased Floyd for 12. The only guy Floyd could not fight toe to toe who had a true size advantage over Floyd is Baldomir.

This thread has attracted a lot of **** heads in this thread. It's embarrassing that Floyd can bring out true anger in you clowns. Stay pissed while Floyd stays undefeated. Even you will appreciate him one day. And if you never do, go **** yourselves like you've been doing *******s!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  Canelo can't beat Floyd. Look, you can use alts, unite, exlax, be a bigot when it comes to Floyd and his fans, but read this, and understand this.

Canelo isn't fast as Floyd, he doesn't hit harder than Floyd, and he isn't in condition like Floyd. Canelo isn't a come forward guy. He is a boxer with good skills who goes to the body. None of that is good enough to beat Floyd. Canelo is right handed...which suits Floyd, and he tires late in fights at times.

To beat Floyd, you have to Duran him, and Canelo ain't Duran-and maybe he can't be Duran'd. Canelo will be strong early against Floyd, and in my opinion fade in the latter rounds.. Floyd will stay strong for the full 12 and beat Canelo up. Size won't matter. Canelo can come in at 180 if he wants.

Once Canelo feels Floyd's power, he will turn into a counter puncher like Guerrero and the rest of those guys Floyd beat...and act like they chased Floyd for 12. The only guy Floyd could not fight toe to toe who had a true size advantage over Floyd is Baldomir.

This thread has attracted a lot of **** heads in this thread. It's embarrassing that Floyd can bring out true anger in you clowns. Stay pissed while Floyd stays undefeated. Even you will appreciate him one day. And if you never do, go **** yourselves like you've been doing *******s!
                  Floyd, please pay this man if you see this. He's been defending your honor on message boards for quite some time. I hope he's compensated.

Comment

• Originally posted by rocktx View Post
                    So is the problem for Canelo the fact that he can't make 147, or is it they just don't want mayweather to have his way like his trainer said. I don't see why Canelo's team (or anyone negotiating w/ Floyd) would think they have a any kind of leverage.

Floyd already did it.

Comment

• Floyd Mayweather

Let's see if he's going to do his own pay-per-view show. I bet he don't. Man, his red-head, freckle-faced [expletive] better just sit back and wait in line. If I feel like choosing him, I'll choose him. If you get a lottery ticket, then you step up to the plate and you get your payday.

Comment

Working...
                      X