No announcement yet.

Narvaez attacks Sergio Martinez: "My victories are real"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narvaez attacks Sergio Martinez: "My victories are real"

This is kind of messed up because I thought they were friends. He sounds mad jelly.
    As part of the promotion of the fight, the native of Chubut grieved his differences with another great exponent of Argentine boxing today: Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez.

"I'm happy because I do not have to do much advertising, like some other people, but with ten days we have enough time to fill Luna Park. People always come out happy with my fights, because my victories are real. They never had to help me with or give me a victory when it was not," said Narvaez, alluding to the recent triumph of Martinez against Martin Murray at the stadium of Velez.

On that fight, considered: "It was a very close decision. If it was in another place, Maravilla would not win. He is a colleague, I appreciate him and I'm glad for his success, but it makes me angry when he's held up at first place. I've been a champion for eleven years and fought from a place more humble than Martinez.

"It angers me, but I understand what this game is about, but it's okay because I don't like the game anyway. I prefer to live with this low profile. I will not make the money others earn, but I prefer to live near my family and my children. I've had the opportunity to go to Europe and America, but I prefer to stay in my country and I'm satisfied," he said in a conversation with Sky FM Salta.

Finally, the boxer of 37 years spoke about the beginnings of "Maravilla" and he shed doubt about the humble childhood attached to it: "I've known him for 20 years when he appeared in the CENARD. Never seemed like a kid from a lower middle class, but one of a good room. He never talked about what he had narrated in his book or on television, but many people bought it. "

"Today there are many people who are unhappy that everything he said and also what he promised and failed to deliver," he said.
    http://www.infobae.com/notas/710077-...erdaderas.html
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-11-2013, 01:09 PM.

now thats just pure hate. sure martinez may have lost, but smh at narvarez. its not sergios fault that he gets more attention. thats the way boxing works. hes good looking, has a flashy exciting style and he fights in one of the richest divisions in history. everything narvaez will never be. its hard to accept but its not sergios fault.

Comment

He sounds jealous and full of envy, reminds me of Marquez regarding Canelo, or Barrera regarding Marquez' recent success

he's telling the truth, though. Martinez last ¨victory¨ wasn't real by any means

Comment

There'a video of Narvaez holding a gathering in his house with Lucas Matthyse to watch the Martinez-Chavez fight. They all seem like they're close so his comments are surprising.

Comment

Wow, countryman and a friend..... must hurt.

Comment

The same guy who went up against Donaire and didn't throw any punches

First off he has to understand that no one, other than some hardcore boxing fans, care about flyweights. They are irrelevant.

Secondly the level of competition is not even close. The best guy Narvaez faced was Donaire and he didn't throw any punches in that fight and overall the fight sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
              He sounds jealous and full of envy, reminds me of Marquez regarding Canelo, or Barrera regarding Marquez' recent success

he's telling the truth, though. Martinez last ¨victory¨ wasn't real by any means
              you mean JMM telling Canelo he didnt desever a tilte shot at 154 when he didnt earn it at the time by figthing Hattan, telling the truth does not mean JMM was jealous and full of envy

Comment

Speaking the truth. Martinez lost and he basically just said no matter who your are if you lost you lost and shouldent matter where you at that makes the difference between you getting the W or the L.

Like he said, if the fight against Murray wasn't in Sergio hometown he wouldent have gotten the victory because everyone knows he lost.

I don't see this as hate, more as a man fed up with the politics of the sport.

Comment

The humble beginnings comment makes me laugh. So ****ing dumb...

Comment

Never understood why countrymen attack each other especially from a nation where they're thin in the sport.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X