No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vernon Paris Continues His Return Streak of Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vernon Paris Continues His Return Streak of Wins

25-year old Welterweight Vernon Paris (28-1, 16 KO) of Detroit, Michigan, made it two in a row in rebounding from a knockout loss to Zab Judah last year, earning a unanimous decision despite a determined effort from 28-year old Manuel Perez (19-9-1, 4 KO) of Denver, Colorado, on Friday night at the Masonic Temple in Detroit, Michigan.

Both men came into the bout below the division limit of 147 lbs., Paris at 146 and Perez at 145 ½.

Perez, his hands held high in front of his face, stayed in front of Paris and pressed the fight through the first four rounds. Paris popped the jab but it was Perez landing the better stuff at short range, digging short lefts and finding some rights over the top. Paris responded with stiff right crosses but too often was responding rather than leading.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm interested to see if Vernon Paris can get himself into title contention after the beating Zab gave him.

Comment

Paris is a lame a$$ joke of a boxer, I was watching this fight and he was trying to roll his shoulder and getting tagged, he was trying to be someone he's def not...lame dude man lmao

Comment

paris looked like garbage, and had some trouble with a bonafide journeyman.

Comment

Paris continues his streak of wins by losing last night

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
            I'm interested to see if Vernon Paris can get himself into title contention after the beating Zab gave him.
            Probably.... he ain't winning though.

Comment

Yea he didn't look very good, but you do have to work on that stuff if you want to get good at it, now that should really be done in the gym and not on fight night but you have to start somewhere.

He will most likely never amount to anything though, because he will have to work really hard to fix some of his issues and I have never heard he was that sort of worker in the gym.

Comment

He came in fat and was getting tagged all night by a guy who had no business landing that much on any decent fighter. Paris is horrible, and I'm not even sure he deserved to win last night. It was a garbage fight so I didn't bother to score it, but he lost a lot of rounds.

Comment

this dude doesnt take the sport serious hes pretty whack

Comment

Working...
                  X