Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ceja Petitions IBF For Neutral Referee Versus McDonnell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ceja Petitions IBF For Neutral Referee Versus McDonnell

Handlers for bantamweight contender Julio Ceja followed through on their mid-week promise to protest the IBF-appointed officials selection for this weekend’s vacant title fight with Jamie McDonnell.

The bout takes place in McDonnell’s hometown of Doncaster, England, and comes with two of the four appointed officials hailing from the UK. One of the two is referee Howard Foster, who has officiated two of McDonnell’s recent bouts and also hails from the fighter’s hometown.

Ceja (24-0, 22KO) was already conceding hometown advantage to McDonnell, but his handlers are demanding a more level playing field in order for the fight to proceed as planned on Saturday. [Click Here To Read More]

It's disgraceful that not only is he his countryman but also from the same town

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
      Don't get excited. They're not related. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        Howard Foster is p4p one of the worst referees imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          Im quite bored actually

Comment

You know the sport is corrupt when u have to beg for a neutral ref

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              You know the sport is corrupt when u have to beg for a neutral ref
              I don't think corruption has anything to do with it. But the Ref shouldn't be from the fighters hometown. It's just sloppy by the BBBoC.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                I don't think corruption has anything to do with it. But the Ref shouldn't be from the fighters hometown. It's just sloppy by the BBBoC.
                It's so sloppy though that it looks like it.
                I mean... he's from the same home town.... that's pretty big

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                  No kidding.

It would be bad enough to have an English ref, but having a ref from the same town as McDonnell is ludicrous.

Comment

Working...
                  X