No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler: Carl Froch is Still Making The Same Mistakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    Come on Bat!... meanwhile Kessler was bowling over Magee .
    I just dont see the gulf in difference of records since their first meeting as some are implying.

Comment

I think Froch has improved a bit since their first fight and I think the improvements are in knowledge and experience rather than any great technical adjustments. He still fights in his style and he will always be there to be hit, but his chin is phenomenal. I think this will be a very close fight.
      Two real fighters, great stuff!

Comment

Im a big fan of both guys. I picked Kessler in the first fight and am picking Froch this go round. Sad to see either guy lose but its going to be a war.

Comment

This is the type of fight boxing needs.

A proper one.

The fans win regardless of who's hand is raised.

Hearts saying Froch though!

Comment

I believe Kessler can beat Froch.
            It will not be easy, but I think Kessler can do it.

A lot of posters here are solely focusing on the fact, that Froch has had a good run since the last fight against Kessler, gaining experience against world-class operators, and winning his last two fights in spectacular style.
            It is all true, but Kessler is definitely not on the decline, and probably has a lot more to offer in this rematch, compared to their first fight:

1: Kesslers eyesight is back to normal.
            Kessler was known for his eagle-eyed precision before the super-six, and in the fight against Froch in 2010 he was forced to be the aggressor (not always successfully) because he couldn't rely on his precision to fight from the distance.
            In his last two fights Kessler has been showing his acclaimed precision again, and Froch is normally not hard to find in the ring.

2: Kessler has been working with Jimmy Montoya as a coach now for 3 years. Montoya has been adding a lot of new weapons to Kesslers arsenal (or rather making Kessler find them again, after having relied on the "jab-jab-straight" tactics for a long time under his former coach Ricard Olsen). Montoya has been able to find fatal flaws in Kesslers last opponents every time, and present it tactically for Kessler to exploit (Allan Green dropping his right hand, exposing him for the left hook. Magees soft spot down below, etc.)
            Froch-Kessler I was the Kesslers first fight with Montoya in the corner. I am sure Jimmy has been able to find a lot of new stuff about Froch, Kessler can exploit.

If Froch fights like against Bute and Mack, storming forward like a man possessed, I can see Froch being at the wrong end of a nasty counterpunch at some point in the match.
            Froch has a good chin, but maybe not as good as he thinks himself.
            If Froch fights like against Abraham, keeping the distance and relying on his reach advantage to outscore Kessler, it will be a much more difficult night for Kessler. Kessler would then have to rely on his speed advantage to slip, counter and close the distance, working the body like in their first match, and hitting him from awkward angles.

Froch has made it public, that he will stop Kessler before the 9th round, and it will become a war. If that is true, Kessler has a much better chance than if Froch boxes the match sensibly (which I actually think he will).
            Froch also has an enormous pressure on his shoulders. He has been calling out Kessler publically, and has the home advantage, and his fans are expecting great things from him.
            It could work out bad for Froch who's arguably best wins in recent time (Abraham, Bute) came after defeats, where the expectancies were much lower...

Either way, it will be an exciting match-up, which every red-blooded fight fan should look forward to !!

Comment

Another thing:
              I live in Copenhagen, and I actually bumped into Jimmy Montoya in a shopping mall last week.
              We had a little chat (he was really cool and down to earth), and although he (obviously) wouldn't reveal all their strategies, he more than implied, that they are going for a early KO-victory for Kessler...

I wouldn't be surprised if Kessler comes out with two guns blazing for round one, in order to stop Froch from gaining momentum.
              Froch HATES fighting off the back foot, and the Froch camp probably expect Kessler to be cautious in the first rounds.

Wouldn't it be a fun surprise, if we got Kessler KO1??

Comment

Originally posted by oksehud View Post
                Another thing:
                I live in Copenhagen, and I actually bumped into Jimmy Montoya in a shopping mall last week.
                We had a little chat (he was really cool and down to earth), and although he (obviously) wouldn't reveal all their strategies, he more than implied, that they are going for a early KO-victory for Kessler...

I wouldn't be surprised if Kessler comes out with two guns blazing for round one, in order to stop Froch from gaining momentum.
                Froch HATES fighting off the back foot, and the Froch camp probably expect Kessler to be cautious in the first rounds.

I meet both Kessler and Montoya regularly as Mikkel lives right next to me around "fields". They both seem confident and then so am I.

Kessler takes it.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  I meet both Kessler and Montoya regularly as Mikkel lives right next to me around "fields". They both seem confident and then so am I.

Kessler takes it.
                  Hahaha I met Jimmy in Fields.

He was just such a cool guy, and yes, VERY confident.

Kessler is not ****** either. He knows, what's at stake here, and I would never suspect that he would take this fight just for the money.

Kessler is all about legacy and pride at this stage in his career. If he did not think he had a REALLY good chance at winning this fight, he would never have taken it

Comment

Originally posted by oksehud View Post
                    Another thing:

lol I must tweet Carl and tell him Kessler intends to Stieglitz him

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      I think this is a common misconception. Froch looked worn out against Johnson. Was outclassed against a one handed Ward, battered a shellschocked Bute who had a gimpy leg.

Froch might be favoured, but that should be because of homefield. On the other hand he was crying about the bodyshots last time out and that is a part in which Kessler jas improved. On the other hand kessler's defense seems to have deteriorated.

Anyway it's a great matchup. I can hardly believe Kessler chose to give Froch a return and even in the Cobras homecountry! I'm sure Carl hardly can believe his luck.
                      LOL at the Bute comment. Everyone was riding Bute's balls the hype got so bad they started saying he would ****ing KO Froch. Then Froch killed that Bute *****es career in a few punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X