Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucian Bute vs. Jean Pascal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the thoughts on the fight. I really have to find the time to watch their recent fights.

Comment

I have Pascal by stoppage. Like Froch, he's awkward and explosive. I think Bute is going to have trouble with that kind of fight again.

Comment

Pascal is a worse prospect than froch for bute

he's faster than froch, and hits about the same hardness, his chin is not quite as good and he doesn't have the stamina but will that matter?

Comment

Bute by clear if not lopsided decision.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Bute by clear if not lopsided decision.
            I see here many predicting a Pascal win by KO (based on the Froch fight).
            But Pascal is feather fisted, he's smaller and has the same reach with Bute.
            Pascal thinks he would win by "pressure fighting"... He's wrong -- if Bute's left hand healed well, he'll counter Pascal very badly.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              I see here many predicting a Pascal win by KO (based on the Froch fight).
              But Pascal is feather fisted, he's smaller and has the same reach with Bute.
              Pascal thinks he would win by "pressure fighting"... He's wrong -- if Bute's left hand healed well, he'll counter Pascal very badly.
              I believe Bute outgrew SMW years ago. LHW will suit him much better and he will outwork Pascal.

Comment

Is Pascal-Bute going to be a WBC final eliminator since they are the top 2 rated fighters in the WBC's light heavyweight (175lbs) rankings.
                Will the winner of this match fight Adonis Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Rpgboxen View Post
                  Is Pascal-Bute going to be a WBC final eliminator since they are the top 2 rated fighters in the WBC's light heavyweight (175lbs) rankings.
                  Will the winner of this match fight Adonis Stevenson.
                  It looks like it is a WBC eliminator bout...

Comment

So glad Sky picked this fight up.

Comment

Originally posted by nodogoshi View Post
                      I get the inkling for some reason that Bute will show up ready for this fight.

Sometimes time away can even be good for a veteran fighter. And if Bute can't get motivated for a fight like this one, his ship has sailed. Unless he is just shot, of course.

I think both fighters are flawed, but Bute is I think the better fighter (if he shows up, that is of course). Of course, Pascal always has a decent shot to win by KO in this fight.
                      Bute really did look awful against Grachev who went and got KO'd in a round by Rodriguez.

I have to say Pascal on points but I'm with sugar, I have a feeling they are going to rob Pascal.

Comment

Working...
                      X