Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can My bwoy Abner Mares finally get his due?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting it from JMM.

Comment

Mares is good but he has nothing for Rigondeaux. No chance whatsoever. I feel like he'd give Donaire a tougher fight than I previously thought, but I'd still favor Nonito.

Comment

Been saying the same thing for awhile now. Mares is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          What about the 1 sided 2nd fight?? How do you feel about that 1??
          That was a horrible version of Agbeko coming of a really bad illness, but that really has nothing to do with my point though.

Comment

The guy has been one of my favorite fighters ever since I seen him fight with Nacho in his corner. Oscar De La Hoya wife told him you better sign this kid and he became GBP first world champion.

Comment

Mares really impressed me with his performance against Ponce de Leon, but who can he honestly fight next at 126? Donaire, Rigo, Juanma, Mikey Garcia, etc. are all with Top Rank... should he move up to 130?

Would anyone like to see him against Santa Cruz should he move up to 126 anytime soon? I think that's a doable fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                Mares really impressed me with his performance against Ponce de Leon, but who can he honestly fight next at 126? Donaire, Rigo, Juanma, Mikey Garcia, etc. are all with Top Rank... should he move up to 130?

Would anyone like to see him against Santa Cruz should he move up to 126 anytime soon?
                He can fight Gonzalez, Velez, and Russell. I honestly think we'll see Russell fight him within a year, if Russell takes a step up between now and then.

But it does suck we won't see Mares-Mikey because they are the two best guys at 126 as of right now.

Comment

Is Gradovich with TR? That's a war if they can make it and unifies titles.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    He can fight Gonzalez, Velez, and Russell. I honestly think we'll see Russell fight him within a year, if Russell takes a step up between now and then.

But it does suck we won't see Mares-Mikey because they are the two best guys at 126 as of right now.
                    All the fighters I named are good/big name fighters today, Johnny Gonzalez was soundly beaten by Ponce de Leon and Russell still has a year or two before he can reach the top level (the guy has been fighting nothing but cans and perhaps rightly so at this stage in his career). I hadn't thought about Jayson Velez though, maybe that's the fight to make at 126 for GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                      Mares is good but he has nothing for Rigondeaux. No chance whatsoever. I feel like he'd give Donaire a tougher fight than I previously thought, but I'd still favor Nonito.
                      I like Mares, but I have to agree with you all the way here.

Comment

Working...
                      X