Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the most prolific boxer to be KO'd cold?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the most prolific boxer to be KO'd cold?

In order to qualify the ko'd fighter has to have been put to sleep the entire 10 count. Off the top of my head I can think of 2 in recent memory, Paul Williams in the Martinez rematch and Manny Pacquiao in the latest Marquez fight.

Roberto Duran, off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Roberto Duran, off the top of my head.
      When Thomas Hearns KO'd him in 2. That's a great fighter definitely in the discussion.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao is the first guy I thought of. I wouldn't describe Paul Williams as "prolific"

Comment

Ezzard Charles.

I think Henry Armstrong too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Paul Williams? Really?

How about Roy Jones Jr......

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              Manny Pacquiao is the first guy I thought of. I wouldn't describe Paul Williams as "prolific"
              I agree but since it's a recent put to sleep type of KO I wanted to throw his name out there. It was still utterly shocking to see the Punisher put down in such a devastating way given his reputation for an iron chin at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                In order to qualify the ko'd fighter has to have been put to sleep the entire 10 count. Off the top of my head I can think of 2 in recent memory, Paul Williams in the Martinez rematch and Manny Pacquiao in the latest Marquez fight.
                roy jones...

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                  Paul Williams? Really?

How about Roy Jones Jr......
                  There it is. I was waiting for someone to bring it up. Roy Jones getting put to sleep by Glen Johnson. Roy Jones was coming off the Tarver TKO but still given his complete stranglehold on P4P lists before that and the aura of invincibility he had, I have to agree here.

Comment

i remember duran & jones, I cant think of any sleep type KO's aside from those mentioned above you guys remember more?

Comment

Working...
                    X