Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares Stops Ponce De Leon in Nine, Wins WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mares is going to get up in that Rigo ass. Theres a reason Donaire avoided him. Rigo ass is going to get mexicanized.

Comment

Stoppage wasn't good, but this is still a great win. Mares is a very, very good fighter. I would pay to watch him fight Rigondeaux.

Comment

Mares is a G. What a fight, they were throwing bombs from round 1.

The stoppage was meh but only because it was Ponce. If it had been another fighter getting hit with those same punches the stoppage wouldn't have seemed so bad. It's just cause Ponce is a tough dude and took those shots with ease even though they were monstrous shots.

Comment

not sure what these dudes are saying about mares, he wasn't impressive at all, PDL was getting to him and was landing big left hands to the body and head, and Mares was wearing down.

Comment

Got to give ponce some credit here. He came a long way from a raw, wildly swinging brawler. He's more polished, patient and methodical which all together made him more difficult.

Comment

As a PDL fan, I was very frustrated his jab/right hook was virtually non-existent, he's the definition of a one handed fighter.

Good win for Mares.

Comment

big props to mares. look at the quality of his recent fights. he is a real good fighter.

Comment

Hopefully Mares defends that title couple times and captures another at 130 mayber.donaire wants no part of Mares now, hes probably gonna stay at 122

Comment

Great win for Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Moreno is as good or better than anyone at 122 other than Donaire and Rigondeaux, who are both Top Rank. Oh and Top Rank declined a 3 million fee for Mares use to make the fight happen.

Mares should have beaten Perez, had a close win against Darchinyan, than clear wins over Agebko, Moreno, and Ponce. He's the real deal.

I love watching Abner prove people wrong time and time again.

All I know is EVERYONE said he was going to get schooled against Moreno, and than Ponce would be too much at 126 for him......and well yeah.
                      So clear they had a rematch.....

Comment

Working...
                      X