Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares Stops Ponce De Leon in Nine, Wins WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't have Mares top 5 P4P now then you should not be watching boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      Thought the stoppage was good. Mares looked better than i thought he would at 126

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Same here.....

Comment

How bad was the stoppage? Friend kept texting me saying it was one of the worst stoppages in recent years.

Comment

on 1st viewing i thought it was a bit of a joke of a stoppage but on the replay Mares landed a lot more than i thought so not a bad call by the ref (mind u im used to watching British refs jump in). Ponce swung back as the ref jumped in but he was as good as done. Mares wasnt gonna lose that fight so ive no complaints.

Mares gets another good win under his belt, him and Ward have led the way in the last few years. Didnt like Mares after the 1st Agbeko fight but he's won me over in the way he takes on tough opponents mixes it up a ittle and beats them. Cant hate on that.

Comment

Stoppage was fine, Leon was getti punished in there. Execellent stuff from Mares really liked his style and the second knockdown was awesome.

Comment

Sheeit, Mares boxed beautifully tonight. I don't think Rigondeaux will wanna step up to FW while Abner and Mikey are still there.

Comment

i would love to see donaire-mares at 126...

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  If you don't have Mares top 5 P4P now then you should not be watching boxing
                  i don't have him any where close to my top 5.............

i had darchinyan beating mares.

i had agbeko beating mares (in the first fight)

and i had him drawing with perez.

I was impressed with him tonight though. but even before the stoppage i had the fight razor close because de leon had adjusted to mares and was countering him good with lefts.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    i don't have him any where close to my top 5.............

i had darchinyan beating mares.

i had agbeko beating mares (in the first fight)

and i had him drawing with perez.

I was impressed with him tonight though. but even before the stoppage i had the fight razor close because de leon had adjusted to mares and was countering him good with lefts.
                    Well then your name pigs fly is appropriate.

Comment

Very, very impressive. Boy was I wrong on him, again.

No more doubting him.

I don't see any logical reason why he's not top 10. Certainly ahead of Froch and Donaire on resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X