Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 3 commentators would you pick for a fight???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roey Haque View Post
    All the showtime commentators suck. Lampley of HBO is biased as hell.

I would pick RJJ, kellerman and gotta mix it up with an englishman, Steve Bunce.

Though Bunce hates Kellerman's style, this would make a cracking commentary team.
    Lamps is the worst. He always goes against the black fighter.

When the black fighter is doing well, Lamps doesn't say a word. But when the white fighter does well -- particularly against a black fighter, Lamps goes into cheerleader mode: His voice gets really high and all that pre-rehearsed verbiage gives ways to short sentences interlaced with repeating one word over and over for the effect.

Remember" Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, try and stop it. Bang bang, bang, here I come"?

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
      Lamps is the worst. He always goes against the black fighter.
      You've never watched Chavez-Taylor I take it?

Comment

Bernstein, Paulie and max for me.

Don't need a play by player. They only say stupid, obvious **** anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post

A good play by play commentator makes all the difference. The problem with the likes of Lampley is that they don't actually do play by play at all. They seem to see themselves as chairing a discussion instead, which usually amounts to them trying to impose a narrative on the fight regardless of how inaccurate it is.

The HBO crew don't even do the discussion part well a lot of the time. They constantly talk over each other and cut each other off mid-sentence. Contrast that with Malignaggi and Bernstein who apologise if they interrupt each other.

Comment

Jim Lampley and Paulie Malignaggi.

Not sure who I would pick as the third guy. I used to like Kellerman but he is horrible these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              A good play by play commentator makes all the difference. The problem with the likes of Lampley is that they don't actually do play by play at all. They seem to see themselves as chairing a discussion instead, which usually amounts to them trying to impose a narrative on the fight regardless of how inaccurate it is.

The HBO crew don't even do the discussion part well a lot of the time. They constantly talk over each other and cut each other off mid-sentence. Contrast that with Malignaggi and Bernstein who apologise if they interrupt each other.
              Yeah, I have nothing against play by players, would rather have em, but just don't care with the options I'm aware of right now.

Comment

Lampley, Kellerman and RJJ

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post

Not sure who I would pick as the third guy. I used to like Kellerman but he is horrible these days.
                  I bet when Kellerman has sex he spends the whole time going "You're finding out, right now, at this moment, what a special talent Max Kellerman is".

Then when he finishes he yells out "That was a modern Max Kellerman classic! Can you say rematch?"

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post

LMAO at not needing PBP. It would just be 3 guys talking over each other

Comment

three RJJ Jrs just having a discussion amongst themselves

Comment

Working...
                      X