Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Manuel Charr a satisfactory opponent for David Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charr a good opponent? The kid fought nobodies before Vitali, and he got throughouly outclassed by Vitali.

Just because he got a title shot doesn't make him a good fighter. Look at the heavyweight division in this day and age, if Audley Harrisson got lucky with Wilder he woudla got a title shot.

Comment

Personally, I don't think so. What's the point? Tune up? Well, he's always out for about a year anyway, so a tune up is rubbish. He should have taken on someone better. He won't even fight for another year after this too. Haye sucks.

Does he think to surpass vitalis beating of Charr to force him into a fight? Unless he utterly dominates and knocks him out within a few rounds, then it's all pointless. Stupid move IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Personally, I don't think so. What's the point? Tune up? Well, he's always out for about a year anyway, so a tune up is rubbish. He should have taken on someone better. He won't even fight for another year after this too. Haye sucks.

Does he think to surpass vitalis beating of Charr to force him into a fight? Unless he utterly dominates and knocks him out within a few rounds, then it's all pointless. Stupid move IMO.
        He's just signed a contract with Eddie Hearn and they have already said he will be fighting again this year, they were looking to fight Fury but they don't want the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          What about this:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...hlight=Wawrzyk

Double standards!
          Double standards? Them supporting that fight has nothing to do with me, i don't see the point of your post to be honest.

A title holder is expected to fight a better standard of competition than a non title holder, that's always been the boxing way. You get the odd title holders like the Klitschko's that get away with fighting rubbish regularly, because their fans are a bunch of ******s that believe being undefeated gives the opponents a greater power, that is lost when they get defeated and turns them into bums.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

I think this fight is bad as well, but looking down the top 15 everyone was taken. Price-Thompson. Stiverne-Arreola. Pulev-Fury (had to negotiate). Povetkin - Wawrzyk. Wlad-Pianeta. Banks-Mitchell. Wilder-Harrison. There was really only Adamek or Solis left.

Solis would have been an easy sell, but out of those three I'm not unhappy it was charr.

Comment

Haye-Solis would be nice.

Solis might try to come in at the 245lb mark, instead of 260-270lbs. If he comes in around the 245lb mark, it'd be a good fight I say. Solis has the talent to trouble Haye.

Comment

Charr was not a great opponent for Vitali, but he is a good opponent for Haye.

When you rank the HW's. It's really the Klitschko's in a league of their own, and then there is everyone else.

There are different standards. So yes Charr is a good opponent for Haye. Maybe he will give him a hard fight.

It's certainly better than Jovo Pudar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                  Charr was not a great opponent for Vitali, but he is a good opponent for Haye.

When you rank the HW's. It's really the Klitschko's in a league of their own, and then there is everyone else.

There are different standards. So yes Charr is a good opponent for Haye. Maybe he will give him a hard fight.

It's certainly better than Jovo Pudar.
                  Pudar was never in contention for Haye. It was Charr, Pulev and Dimitrenko.

It's something made up by Freedom and his sidekick weinerschnitzel,

Comment

Despite what people think about Haye, he's on a whole other level than Char. Haye beats him easy.

Comment

Nope.

Charr has been picked because he's big, strong lad, with a huge mouth that definitely out-ranks his talent, and he is well-known in Germany (mainly for his big gob rather than his boxing!) and that helps sell a K brother match-up.

He's been picked because he's got a reasonable profile, is dumb and tough enough to try and stand in front of Haye, and can be beaten without any risk whatsoever. Haye will beat this guy like a steak!

Comment

Working...
                      X