No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Audley Harrison Calls It A Career At Age 41

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    He still achieved more than 99% of fighters that turn pro even with not winning a world title. He's made good money that (if he's careful) will let him and his family live a comfortable life. Time to relax and enjoy the life that hard work and a bit of luck provided him with.
    His endorsements made him a multimillionaire the moment he turned pro, not to mention the massive deal he had to fight nobodies on the BBC.

Nowadays he will only have to focus on running the hair salon he opened with his wife. I hope he's not awful at it as he is professional boxing!

I kid, I kid. I truly do like old A-Force. It's a shame he waited until this late in his career to get into world class shape.

Comment

What is this, his 10 th retirement?

Comment

Harrison's Olympic gold medal in Sydney was the first won by a British boxer in 32 years. People forget the success led to improved funding for the amateur sport in the UK.

Hope he enjoys his retirement.

Comment

Just wait until the next prizefighters on

Comment

good, his "performance" against Haye was even worse than Haye's "performance" against Wlad

Comment

Gunna miss him should of fought chisora before hanging em up

Comment

Dreams do come true!!!

Comment

Audley Harrison's statement in full -

''Around the time great Olympians like Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali), Floyd Mayweather and our very own Amir Khan were starting their Olympic journey and winning their medals, I was just getting serious with life – lacing on a pair of boxing gloves for the 1st time age 19. I was a young tear away, expelled from two schools, had no qualifications and was just released from a young offenders institution.

If you told me then I would be a 2x national champion, Commonwealth Games Gold Medalist, Olympic Games Gold Medalist, B.Sc. University Graduate. M.B.E, European Heavyweight Champion, married, and a parent, I would likely have said that’s just stupid talk. In the rough neighborhoods where I grew up, it’s hard to make dreams come true.

There are only so many times you can fall before it becomes foolhardy to continue. I’ve fallen a lot, but winning the heavyweight title was a destination I really wanted to get to. Coming back from adversity has been synonymous with my life.

I’ve done well to turn my life around, but sadly my dream to be a legitimate world champion will be unrealised.

I believed if I was mentally and physically right, I could figure these young guns out. Saturday was my final chance to prove it. The thing that pulled me up was pride, so I wanted a chance to continue and go out on my shield. It was not to be…

The rematch win over Danny Williams, avenging my loss to Michael Sprott to win the European title with a torn pec, plus winning the WBF title at Wembley Arena with Lennox Lewis in attendance were proud moments. I was also elated to win Prizefighter for the second time, putting in three good performances.

I’d like to thank the trainers, support staff and medical professionals I’ve worked with over the years. You have helped me greatly in the gyms, boardrooms and operating tables over the years, and I’m grateful to you all. Special mention to Kelvyn Travis.

Through boxing, I have been blessed to have travelled the world, socialized and mixed in circles I could have only dreamt about as a child. Receiving the M.B.E. from HRH and meeting so many of my boxing idols like Muhammad Ali and Marvin Hagler have been high points.

To Raychel my wife, thanks for your unconditional love and support…I look forward to the imminent arrival of our little boy to join our princess Ariella.
                  Our life is a one-time deal, no rehearsals, so the regrets I have, I live with and accept…I got focused a little late in life, so I’ve had to learn some tough lessons along the way.

My brothers and family members have had to share in the rollercoaster of my public life over the years and defending the family name after I lose has been a burden for you all. Thank you for the love and support over the years. I intend to lead a normal existence from here guys.

Finally, thank you to my dad for your efforts in raising us together under the same roof. Wish I could have achieved my goal for you.

Big up, look up and get up!

One love…

Audley A Force Harrison''

Comment

Its the a-force
                    audley the ruthless killer
                    will be back with next prize fighter.. Hahahahaha

Comment

How long before this fool claims he's back to fulfill his destiny?

Comment

Working...
                      X