Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Guerrero Using Wife's Story To Gain Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd is completely 100% in the wrong here, no doubt about it. This should make sure the weigh in and/or press conference is heated.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      floyd is right. they are exploiting guerrero's grief to generate sympathy, like the sob stories you see every week on x-factor and pop idol. stewart lee has something to say on this subject in his latest stand-up dvd (directed at russell kane).

"they" meaning media and promotional people?

perhaps?

robert guerrero?

no.

"comments thread for: Mayweather: Guerrero using wife's story to gain fans."

that statement from mayweather is horsesh#t. he's not right.

Comment

• I dont think its Ghost using the story so much as GBP and Showtime are to sell the fight and gain fans for Ghost. I think floyd should've criticized GBP and the networks more than Ghost.

Comment

• anyone that beats leukemia has a right to tell their story about their struggle... its not a gimmick or a sales pitch for them

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            "they" meaning media and promotional people?

perhaps?

robert guerrero?

no.

"comments thread for: Mayweather: Guerrero using wife's story to gain fans."

that statement from mayweather is horsesh#t. he's not right.
            mayweather was referring to an unnamed "they" as well. "i don't like that every week they keep selling the same story and selling the same story." although i think it's safe to say that guerrero is included in that "they" -- i mean, he seems happy enough to go along with it. i've experienced personal tragedy myself and i would have strongly objected to shopping it around like guerrero has.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              It's not surprising though, I think that narcissism is a strange thing and can even take you to a place where you are so important, that other people and their problems (no matter how severe) are inconsequential.

Mayweather only sees the world as himself and that's it, he probably saw the episode and got sick of hearing about someone he could care less is alive or dead.

Empathy can only come if you are humble and open minded enough to put others lives on the same level as your own.
              Right you are

Comment

• Nasty stuff from floyd. Distasteful. Selfish. Evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scary View Post
                  Nasty stuff from floyd. Distasteful. Selfish. Evil.
                  stop being so melodramatic you woman.

Comment

• Floyd truly wants you fanatics to hate him lol. After the fight, Floyd and RG will be respectful of each other. You fanatics won't be, but the pros will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      pretty gross rhetoric, even for floyd mayweather jr.

it's his f#cking wife... she has cancer. both of their lives, and the lives of their family are hugely effected by cancer.

it's something that you need to talk about if you want to tell a story about the guerrero family.

huge respect to both of the guerreros.
                      Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      It's not surprising though, I think that narcissism is a strange thing and can even take you to a place where you are so important, that other people and their problems (no matter how severe) are inconsequential.

Mayweather only sees the world as himself and that's it, he probably saw the episode and got sick of hearing about someone he could care less is alive or dead.

Empathy can only come if you are humble and open minded enough to put others lives on the same level as your own.
                      Two very good comments.

Comment

Working...
                      X