Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Guerrero Post Fight Discussions. POST HERE. NO NEW THREADS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    I'm starting to think this PPV might do quite a bit better than we are expecting.
    I agree. After Ruben's stunt, the chatter absolutely exploded. Even on MMA forums I see a lot of guys who know nothing about boxing wanting to catch the fight because of that incident.

Comment

• Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
      not sure. depends on the PPV sales i guess.

that 32M is just a guaranteed purse. not sure if guerrero gets ppv cut tho. i that 3M is a flat fee.

generally the b side of a major ppv gets a small upside after a certain threshold of buys has been reached. it might be a flat bonus, or a tiny little percentage. it gives them a stake in promoting the fight. floyd will almost invariably have some sport of cut of ppv sales in a percentage. i asked out of curiosity, thinking it unlikely that they'd release the details of his upside, as it would give an outline of what they were hoping for, and anything less would be seen as a failure.

3 million is actually pretty damn light for guerrero. he doesn't have a choice, obviously, but he's earning less than 10% of what floyd is getting.

it's frequent that one fighter brings in many more fans than another. it's less frequent that the purses are that far apart. the mayweather camp gets away with it because it's still a career high payday.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post

3 million is actually pretty damn light for guerrero. he doesn't have a choice, obviously, but he's earning less than 10% of what floyd is getting.

it's frequent that one fighter brings in many more fans than another. it's less frequent that the purses are that far apart. the mayweather camp gets away with it because it's still a career high payday.
          Ortiz got something similar, $2m to Floyd's guarantee of $25m I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            Ortiz got something similar, $2m to Floyd's guarantee of $25m I think.

i'm not saying that they aren't getting paid market value, only that it's an astronomical split. most main events on tv have a much more even split, but they don't involve floyd mayweather, or generate nine figures for the city of las vegas.

yes, but victor did well with his ppv upside if memory serves right. this information is hard to come by intentionally

shane and cotto took a bigger guarantee when they fought floyd. cotto, for instance, had an 8 million dollar guarantee with a ppv bonus.

i think floyd makes the same or a bit more money when he fights the ortiz and berto's of the world. he gives up a bit less when he fights bigger names. and when they aren't manny pacquiao, they don't generate a ton of ppv buys beyond what the lower tier opponents generate.

if they fought before the third marquez fight they could have split 100-200 million bucks.
            Last edited by New England; 05-03-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Watch after Guerrero has his interview he tries to shake the guys hand and he just gets absolutely blanked.

I'm rooting for Guerrero but HAHAHA, that must have hurt inside deeply.

22:57

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...9oS_-0#t=1377s

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post

if they fought before the third marquez fight they could have split 100-200 million bucks.
                Yeah I think they'd have made 60-70 million dollars each on an even split. The fight would have broken every financial record imaginable.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  whaa?? no. you go to a bar, sit down, and watch the tv. if you want to get something, great, if not, also great. some bars charge a cover charge to get in of course, fight night or not, but not all. i watch fights at bars all the time, and i dont drink, nor do i get food there...
                  Here in VA, they'll hit you up with a $5.00 cover charge or maybe $10.00. These places get charged per TV and they pay some type of additional fee because they are making money off the fight (having customers in their place of business buying beer because they came to see the PPV).

It's not like that for some MMA PPV's but for boxing, it's not a simple $70.00 fee....they pay like $500.00 bucks or something, maybe more.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                      some su****ious activity there in the end...

Comment

Working...
                      X