Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Guerrero Post Fight Discussions. POST HERE. NO NEW THREADS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    The 3 undercard fights were great as I expected they would be. Love getting exposed but still winning was laughable though. Mares-Ponce & Santa Cruz-Munoz where action packed the whole way through.

The Floyd fight was boring.

You're not really qualified to make that call, given your STRONGLY inherent bias against the man.

Comment

• Very disappointed with Guerrero. I knew he'd lose but I didn't expect him to come with such a terrible gameplan. When I saw him trying to load up on big shots in the middle of the ring in the early rounds I knew the fight was as good as over. Was he really ****** enough to think he could trade with Floyd in the centre of the ring and come out on top? It looks like he was.

Even when he got Floyd against the ropes he smothered himself or tried these embarrassingly wide, swinging shots that Brandon Rios would probably have avoided. He took no lessons at all from what Cotto did last year. When Cotto got Floyd against the ropes he didn't start with a power shot, he didn't get too close and smother himself, he left a bit of daylight, he pumped the jab, he kept his guard tight, and he threw combinations that went up and down the body. He also got out quickly and reset, not slowly backing out with his chin in the air like Guerrero did.

Easy night for Floyd, but a pretty shit fight for the rest of us.

Comment

• I really dislike Floyd, and always want him to get KTFO, but he was awesome last night. It got a bit boring towards the end, but Floyd looked great. I had to appreciate how good he was just from a boxing point of view.

Guerro was game, and did well at first, but Floyd just took over.

Id still like to see Floyd face bigger opponents. He is always fighting guys he is expected to beat with ease.

Comment

• People need to rewatch fight without the announcer nuthuggery! Floyd was impressive, but no way did he win by by that wide a margin. I thought Robert won the fight, a draw would have been good, Floyd winning by a round or two acceptable. On a side note first time in a long time I've seen Floyd lose some of the championship rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foolkiller View Post
            People need to rewatch fight without the announcer nuthuggery! Floyd was impressive, but no way did he win by by that wide a margin. I thought Robert won the fight, a draw would have been good, Floyd winning by a round or two acceptable. On a side note first time in a long time I've seen Floyd lose some of the championship rounds.
            This is a troll right?

Comment

People need to rewatch fight without the announcer nuthuggery! Floyd was impressive, but no way did he win by by that wide a margin. I thought Robert won the fight, a draw would have been good, Floyd winning by a round or two acceptable. On a side note first time in a long time I've seen Floyd lose some of the championship rounds.

Comment

you must have been............

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Very disappointed with Guerrero. I knew he'd lose but I didn't expect him to come with such a terrible gameplan. When I saw him trying to load up on big shots in the middle of the ring in the early rounds I knew the fight was as good as over. Was he really ****** enough to think he could trade with Floyd in the centre of the ring and come out on top? It looks like he was.

Even when he got Floyd against the ropes he smothered himself or tried these embarrassingly wide, swinging shots that Brandon Rios would probably have avoided. He took no lessons at all from what Cotto did last year. When Cotto got Floyd against the ropes he didn't start with a power shot, he didn't get too close and smother himself, he left a bit of daylight, he pumped the jab, he kept his guard tight, and he threw combinations that went up and down the body. He also got out quickly and reset, not slowly backing out with his chin in the air like Guerrero did.

Easy night for Floyd, but a pretty shit fight for the rest of us.
                  eh robert did what he could really, he didnt have as good a jab as cotto nor good enough power to actually make floyd intimidated of getting caught and stay in the pocket when he had him cornered, wasnt strong enough in the clinches to get anything going inside....so basically all he could hope for was a big shot, and he actually tried to look for it....unlike guys who give up completely after a few rounds with floyd

Comment

• Damn he put on a ****in master class. Great night of boxing. He embarassed Guerrero.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X