Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Guerrero Post Fight Discussions. POST HERE. NO NEW THREADS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
    B.Hop nailed it....Ghost doesn't have the STYLE or TOOLS to beat Floyd...."he's a plumber going to do electrician work"

Hopkins has some really good points, still one good punch can change the course of a fight and a fighter's destiny. Should be an interesting matchup, but my larger thought are the words of Ruben Guerrero and how unseemly his presence seems in the corner of his son. He's really making a fool of himself, there's something really off putting about him, almost grotesque. The "All Access" shows, I think capture some of the uncomfortable energy of the Guerrero camp.

IMHO Ruben has taken living vicariously through someone else to another level, because he acts and talks like he's the one getting in the ring. I'm not sure if that does his son much good at a time when he should be marshalling all of his psychological energies to believe in himself. Ruben Guerrero brings this conflict down to a ugly level, he's acting like he's in a Spanish ****** and not on an National and International stage.

The final press conference was telling, with Ruben Guerrero ranting and raving and his son having to endure the embarrassment.

Comment

• i'm assuming thety haven't weighed in yet?

i've got about an hour or so to eat lunch, and i'd really like to catch a stream of the weigh in.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
        i'm assuming thety haven't weighed in yet?

i've got about an hour or so to eat lunch, and i'd really like to catch a stream of the weigh in.
        I read 3PT is weigh-in

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
          Hopkins has some really good points, still one good punch can change the course of a fight and a fighter's destiny. Should be an interesting matchup, but my larger thought are the words of Ruben Guerrero and how unseemly his presence seems in the corner of his son. He's really making a fool of himself, there's something really off putting about him, almost grotesque. The "All Access" shows, I think capture some of the uncomfortable energy of the Guerrero camp.

IMHO Ruben has taken living vicariously through someone else to another level, because he acts and talks like he's the one getting in the ring. I'm not sure if that does his son much good at a time when he should be marshalling all of his psychological energies to believe in himself. Ruben Guerrero brings this conflict down to a ugly level, he's acting like he's in a Spanish ****** and not on an National and International stage.

The final press conference was telling, with Ruben Guerrero ranting and raving and his son having to endure the embarrassment.
          He's selling a fight, don't let it get to you. Jeremy Irons didn't really kill Mufasa either. Though I don't care for the way Ruben is acting, he's the only one selling the fight right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            I read 3PT is weigh-in

not bad. i may be able to squeak home by the time the main event fighters are being weighed. floyd, as we know, is on floyd time

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              He's selling a fight, don't let it get to you. Jeremy Irons didn't really kill Mufasa either. Though I don't care for the way Ruben is acting, he's the only one selling the fight right now.
              Sorry, I don't believe its that simple yo, there's more than mere salesmanship going on here.....

Comment

• People talk about a lack of buzz but its packed for this weight in

Comment

• Here in the UK, bookmakers Ladbrokes are offering 10/11 on Mayweather by UD. Pretty good price in my opinion.

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/fl...inal-judgement

Comment

• A link to the weigh in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jIQSk9oS_-0

Due to get underway in about 20 minutes time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                      B.Hop nailed it....Ghost doesn't have the STYLE or TOOLS to beat Floyd...."he's a plumber going to do electrician work"

lol @ quote. Bhop is always interesting to listen to whenever he talks about fights.

I'm looking forward to this weigh in. Thread got deleted, but I'm curious to see how both Floyd and Robert look. I don't think I've seen Guerrero without his shirt so far, I can't help but think if there's some flab under there Curious to see how looks this third go round at welter.

Floyd himself, to me at least, looked really good in the last episode of access. If looks meant anything, his body looked stronger than I can last remember and it was kind of surprising considering the lay off and the 36 years of age. So I'm looking forward to the weigh in and the staredown. I still think the fight will be one sided, but the hype has arrived this past week.

Comment

Working...
                      X