No announcement yet.

JMM, CANELO and MAYWEATHER fighting on Sept 14- Good Move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Well....Arum has already stated if Floyd fights on September 14th, he will move Marquez-Bradley. And I'm sure if Canelo wasn't on the undercard, he'd move to a different September date.

I really think it'll be either Mayweather-Alvarez or Mayweather-Peterson, if Peterson beats Lucas.
    There is no way canelo would fight cotto on the undercard.

One its a huge PPV on its own and they both would be missing out on a heap of $$$

Two canelo said he would never fight on a Mayweather undercard again.

Three im pretty sure Cotto would be having non of that either as he is a PPV attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by fish262 View Post

One its a huge PPV on its own and they both would be missing out on a heap of $$$

Three im pretty sure Cotto would be having non of that either as he is a PPV attraction.
      I agree won't happen, but it won't matter, Canelo will have to move dates. Competing against Floyd is one thing, but in a fight vs a worn out and that this point done Cotto is going to be hard. It'll be name value but it's a terrible fight at this point.

Comment

I don't understand why people still think this would happen.
        The PPV makers wouldn't allow a PPV the same day as another, it's bad for everybody

Comment

Is it possible for canelo to do a PPV with HBO while mayweather does Showtime?

I know HBO said there not working with GBP but have they got a written agreement saying there not doing business? Or did they just announce they wont be working with GBP and just stopped? Is it possible they would pick up Cotto v Canelo?

What if Canelo went out on his own for this fight and worked with Cotto promotions?

Im pretty sure Showtime and HBO have gone head to head on the same weekend. (chavez vs martinez....Canelo vs Lopez)

Comment

Canelo Lopez was not PPV. Canelos never headlined a PPV. If they did it, it'd be on free HBO, and if Canelo-Cotto is going to be on free HBO it won't make a ton of money. I don't see that happening. Also if Canelo wants to do the PPV on his own, GBP will not cover the fees and promotional money, It'd have to come purely out of pocket.

Comment

So than Canelo will move his date.....which is EXACTLY what I said...............

Comment

Is it possible for canelo to do a PPV with HBO while mayweather does Showtime?

I know HBO said there not working with GBP but have they got a written agreement saying there not doing business? Or did they just announce they wont be working with GBP and just stopped? Is it possible they would pick up Cotto v Canelo?

What if Canelo went out on his own for this fight and worked with Cotto promotions?

Im pretty sure Showtime and HBO have gone head to head on the same weekend. (chavez vs martinez....Canelo vs Lopez)

What? Even if they did somehow, they still won't do that.
                Having a PPV on the same day is bad for everybody. Why would either side won't to hurt their profits?
                If Mayweather has a PPV that day, no way GBP will have a show because that'll hurt the PPV numbers and Mayweather works with them.
                Now Bob might go and try to do something to eff it up, but Hoya won't atm.

Comment

On the real, Canelo shouldn't fight Cotto next. He should let Cotto fight the Ishe/Molina winner, and he should fight the Lara/Angulo winner.

Comment

On the real, Canelo shouldn't fight Cotto next. He should let Cotto fight the Ishe/Molina winner, and he should fight the Lara/Angulo winner.
                    I cant see that happening, as much as I would like it too. One more lose for Cotto and he can forget about the Canelo fight. Even if he looks terrible but still wins it will be hard to make.

I know he is coming off a lose but the fight still sells very well at this stage. Also a win for Canelo over Cotto makes the Mayweather fight bigger.

In a perfect world mayweather should fight canleo next assuming he gets past the Ghost.

Comment

I cant see that happening, as much as I would like it too. One more lose for Cotto and he can forget about the Canelo fight. Even if he looks terrible but still wins it will be hard to make.

I know he is coming off a lose but the fight still sells very well at this stage. Also a win for Canelo over Cotto makes the Mayweather fight bigger.

In a perfect world mayweather should fight canleo next assuming he gets past the Ghost.
                      I actually agree with fish here... I think he would've beaten Smith, but Molina will be too damn frustrating for Cotto and make it ugly.
                      Would've been good for Ishe, not so much for Molina.

Cotto should strike now or take a fight so he at least has a win under his belt and active.
                      If he goes straight to Cotto, that's like 9 months from the ring already.

Comment

Working...
                      X