Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone tell me what role Mayweather Sr for Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me what role Mayweather Sr for Jr?

I really haven't been following the build up to this fight but have tons of boxing youtube subscribtions and haven't seen SR really training Floyd just holding the heavy bag. then I'm reading he's going to be the head trainer from now on. How come no videos of him training Floyd?

It's not to much more he can teach him; I think he will give better instruction on fight night IMO

Comment

Maybe because showing what a fighter is working on can give away their fight plan?

Comment

Floyd never really shows any footage of himself training. He shows mitts and a bit of shadow boxing. Floyd Sr is the real trainer. He has been perfecting Floyd's precision punching, how to place his feet in when punching, the position of his head when getting out etc. There're some habits which had creeped in over time and Sr has been showing those things and fine tuning Jr. Make no mistake Floyd Sr is the best there's in the business and he's the man behind the game plan and oversees everything. Roger's just in the cameras to save face.

Comment

Jr. said that he brought his father in to perfect his defense because in his fight with Cotto he got hit more than he wanted to.

Comment

He's more there for advice/2nd pair of eyes. He was the one who taught him his defense, so I guess he's trying to get back to the basics in that regard.

Also dunno why Jr. bemoans getting hit by Cotto so much. He was the one who decided to fight Cotto like that in the middle of the fight when he could have just boxed him from the outside like he did the first 4 rounds and the last 3 or so.

Comment

Working...
            X