Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye vs. Charr is Set For June 29, Presser on May 1st

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to the Hayemaker, never liked him, but he's a quality addition to the HW division when you put neutral glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      Vitali didn't beat Char convincingly it was a controversial decision, even his own home fans for booing at Vitals poor performance and the fight being stopped over a minor cut

Vitali seemed disgusted by himself

If Haye can blast another opponent of Vitali out it does indeed send a message to Vitali
      What message does it send?

You can't really take the Vitali-Charr fight too much into consideration, as it was sort of a no show.

Haye still needs to beat a credible contender after he beats Charr.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        Haye still needs to beat a credible contender after he beats Charr.
        What credible fighters did Charr, Wach and Thompson face to earn their shot at Vitali? Wins over Chisora and Charr would be more than enough.

It's just a matter of business as well as bad blood from the Wladimir fight. After all that fighting to keep from having to give Wlad a rematch clause, he looks stupid chasing another Klitschko fight now.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          What credible fighters did Charr, Wach and Thompson face to earn their shot at Vitali? Wins over Chisora and Charr would be more than enough.
          Wach and Thompson never fought Vitali.

Comment

It's just a matter of business as well as bad blood from the Wladimir fight. After all that fighting to keep from having to give Wlad a rematch clause, he looks stupid chasing another Klitschko fight now.
            Dude, Wach and Thompson fought Wladimir, not Vitali.

Charr was unbeaten at the time Vitali gave him a shot, just like many of Vitali's selected opponents have been at the time fighting the big man.

And I disagree completely with your other remark; It's not enough beating two moderate contenders within a year to earn another title shot. You can consider Haye fighting Charr as a comeback/ warm up fight at best.

It's a disappointing opponent Haye chose, look at it this way, even his own fans and countrymen think so on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
              Dude, Wach and Thompson fought Wladimir, not Vitali.

Charr was unbeaten at the time Vitali gave him a shot, just like many of Vitali's selected opponents have been at the time fighting the big man.

And I disagree completely with your other remark; It's not enough beating two moderate contenders within a year to earn another title shot. You can consider Haye fighting Charr as a comeback/ warm up fight at best.

It's a disappointing opponent Haye chose, look at it this way, even his own fans and countrymen think so on this site.
              I know that, I meant to write Klitschko.

And I ask again, who did the above guys fight to ear their shots? Tye Fields, Maurice Harris, and Taras Bidenko (???). That's who. I'd say Chisora and Charr are, if anything, equal to that level of competition.

Not to mention that Vitali called Haye out for a fight on multiple occasions since the Wladimir fight?

From your writing I honestly can't tell if youre intentionally knocking the Klitschkos level of competition or just trying to knock Haye.

Chisora and Charr are solid fighters in the division.
              Last edited by paulf; 04-29-2013, 12:38 AM.

Comment

I know that, I meant to write Klitschko.

And I ask again, who did the above guys fight to ear their shots? Tye Fields, Maurice Harris, and Taras Bidenko (???). That's who. I'd say Chisora and Charr are, if anything, equal to that level of competition.

Not to mention that Vitali called Haye out for a fight on multiple occasions since the Wladimir fight?

From your writing I honestly can't tell if youre intentionally knocking the Klitschkos level of competition or just trying to knock Haye.

Chisora and Charr are solid fighters in the division.
                OK, just don't mention 'Klitschko' as being one fighter, we have two of them and they're not the same, you know.

So if we're talking Vitali and not Wladimir in this thread, as I suppose we do, then as I said, Charr was undefeated when Vitali fought him.

And about Vitali calling out Haye, I think that discussion has been made a million times by now.

Comment

I thought Haye was back to earn a mandatory shot? Fighting Charr does nothing for his ranking. He should have opened negotiations with Stiverne; at least then, he'd be fighting for a WBC mandatory shot.

Yet another bum to add to Haye's pathetic HW resume.

The choice is indefensible. He really is a coward.

Comment

Considering Fury, Pulev and others aren't available, I'm fine with Haye vs Charr, tbh.

Comment

That's very good it should be entertaining!

Comment

Working...
                      X