Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought Boxing was dead?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only negative is that boxing is not adding new or YOUNGER fans...it is mostly the same fanbase and you see it from the Ratings, it is the same 900k -1.3M views

Would love to see that number go up consistently and not just go up when Mayweather or Pacquiao is fighting

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
      Also your OP is a total contradiction

"I thought boxing was dead?"
      "But no one watched"
      lol, did you edit out confrontation?

For us "hardcore" fans these fights are great but the casual doesn't hear about these fights or doesn't care so they think boxing is only mayweather and pacquaio.

Comment

Originally posted by Valero 27-0 View Post
        lol, did you edit out confrontation?

For us "hardcore" fans these fights are great but the casual doesn't hear about these fights or doesn't care so they think boxing is only mayweather and pacquaio.
        what about it?
        Last edited by croz; 04-27-2013, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I didn't watch quillen-guerrero or wilder-harrison (didn't much care, traders block it maybe). Didn't catch the Arreola bout either, but the others...Judah-Garcia was a good fight, khan-diaz and murray-martinez turned out better and more competitive than expected. Good fights. Boxing has been great this year, and a few mismatches on paper turned out better than anticipated today. And Abregu put in some good work with Decarie.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
            Only negative is that boxing is not adding new or YOUNGER fans...it is mostly the same fanbase and you see it from the Ratings, it is the same 900k -1.3M views

Would love to see that number go up consistently and not just go up when Mayweather or Pacquiao is fighting
            Boxing's young demographic is pretty good. The myth that boxing only appeals to older people was started by the UFC.

Boxing gets those 900-1.3m viewers because they're
            1. On HBO/Showtime
            2. On Saturdays and Fridays
            3. On late at night

a simple day and time change would fix a lot. Boxing promoters are outright ******ed. It says a lot about boxing how it can still survive with morons like Bob and Oscar here. If it were any other sport it would be finished by now.

The positive here though is that Martinez vs Murray looks like it did very well on HBO tonight
            Last edited by croz; 04-27-2013, 11:54 PM.

Comment

How much people were at the Martinez fight?

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
                How much people were at the Martinez fight?
                50+ thousand I believe it was.

And just like I predicted, none of these great fights had any mention on Sports Center ESPN, meanwhile the shitty ass UFC mismatch that ended in a typical TKO1 got airtime....

smh

Comment

Quillin-Guerrero >>>> Sonnen-Jones

Bum ass sport

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                    Quillin-Guerrero >>>> Sonnen-Jones

Bum ass sport
                    Jon Jones and Sonen fought yesterday? Over here I didn't hear anything about what so ever. MMA is the sport that is nearly dead.

They had 1 big name fight but boxing had at least 4 big fights last night

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      50+ thousand I believe it was.

And just like I predicted, none of these great fights had any mention on Sports Center ESPN, meanwhile the shitty ass UFC mismatch that ended in a typical TKO1 got airtime....

smh
                      River Plates stadium is massive. It has a capacity of 60,000 I think. I didn't even know those guys were fighting. Was it Jones who won?

Comment

Working...
                      X