Bermane Stiverne Scouting Report

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bermane Stiverne Scouting Report

Boxing stuff safe money

The biggest unanswered question that your footage didn't address is how well he can get off his offense, power shots and combinations when he's going backwards and how active he'll be when facing the high volume that Chris usually throws. More than likely Arreola is going to be pressuring him and forcing him on the backfoot and not all punchers are capable of utilizing their strengths going backwards.

Perhaps Stiverne's power will gets Chris' respect and reduce some of that pressure and volume but if he can't then throwing that right as a counter while backing up will be important for him. I do like that double left hook to the body or body/head he throws.
    Last edited by Mikhnienko; 04-27-2013, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      The biggest unanswered question that your footage didn't address is how well he can get off his offense, power shots and combinations when he's going backwards and how active he'll be when facing the high volume that Chris usually throws. More than likely Arreola is going to be pressuring him and forcing him on the backfoot and not all punchers are capable of utilizing their strengths going backwards.

Perhaps Stiverne's power will gets Chris' respect and reduce some of that pressure and volume but if he can't then throwing that right as a counter while backing up will be important for him. I do like that double left hook to the body or body/head he throws.
      i did answer it. you gotta listen. Bermane has a very good jab, if he uses it than arreola's pressure will be neutralized. even gave you an example in the video vs klitschko and adamek

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
        i did answer it. you gotta listen. Bermane has a very good jab, if he uses it than arreola's pressure will be neutralized. even gave you an example in the video vs klitschko and adamek
        Ya i did scan over some of your video and missed that part but i don't see how a Vitali vs Adamek analogy holds any real relevancy to Arreola vs Stiverne. Bermane holds none of the physical advantages that Vitali did and neither guy has a style resembling Vitali or Tomasz. Arreola is actually a couple inches taller, has a similar reach and a decent jab himself. Chris will actually double and triple up on it which is something i haven't seen from Stiverne.

Comment

Working...
        X