Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Cunningham will be appealing the result of the Tyson Fury fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That fight was one way traffic after the 4th and was only ever going to end with Cunningham either getting laid out or pulled out.

I knew Tyson would just walk the smaller man down if it turned out he was getting outboxed which he was and Cunningham was getting full leverage on his shots. He put his weight all over him and just picked his hands up and mauled him and pushed him backwards all fight long after that. He done exactly the same thing to Chisora.

What is the best case scenario for Cunningham? The fight gets ruled a NC and he avoids Tyson Fury.

The way that fight turned around I can't imagine Tyson having much trouble in a rematch. He'd probably KO him quicker.

Comment

You cant appeal that ko. If there was something wrong it was up to the ref to note it on the night, and he didnt. Steves team didnt appeal it or protest right after the fght in the ring.

Floyd puts his elbows up like that all the time, but just cos he has no power is allowed to get away with it.?

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Steves team didnt appeal it or protest right after the fght in the ring.
        Thats not how you officially file protest

Comment

Was definitely dirty but unlikely anything will happen, it was up to the ref to call foul or not.

To those saying Cunningham is always complaining, he has a bit of a right to. He was clearly robbed in his last fight, now this.

Comment

it was definitely a bit of a ***** side action. not really a "boxing move." if the ref called him on it i wouldn't complain.

i've never seen anything like that, certainly not leading to that much damage

still, a break was not called. cunningham's got to protect himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Thats not how you officially file protest

remember martinez - cintron?

Comment

More butthurt from them.

I find it kinda odd how forearms, pushing, headbutting, excessive clinching etc doesn't seem to be a problem when guys like Alexander, Ward, Hopkins, Mayweather do it, but when Fury does it it's a red flag?

USS got planked, he got Fury'd. Deal with it and move on kid.

Comment

It did seem borderline illegal but like the others said. what happened with the Troy Ross Rematch? who USS conveniently avoided cos he was getting his ass handed to him by one of the unsung heroes of that division. Also whoever it was who said USS weren't hurt was wrong were you not looking at the screen when that body shot by fury made USS squirm leading up to the KO? He was a sitting duck towards the last rounds and it was a matter of time before he was taken out!

Comment

Working...
                  X