Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lol, Devon Alexander vs Lee Purdy WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate Alexander, but thats not his fault and it is a good move to stay busy

Comment

What kind of shape is Purdy going to be in? he's only going to have a few weeks camp (unless he had another fight lined up).

Makes sense to have a British opponent, I would imagine a lot of people had booked non-refundable flights.

Comment

Pleased for my man Purdy..

This fight really should not happen though.

Comment

If only Alexander hadn't got hurt a few months ago, the fight would have happened and Brook would have beat him to a pulp already.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Lee "You got a purdy mouth" Purdy.......They can tag line this fight Deliverance

Comment

Next: Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Curtis Woodhouse

Comment

it wasn't alexander who pulled out of the brook fight. i imagine the purdy fight is happening at eddie hearn's behest: camp alexander probably keeping him sweet so that the brrok fight can be made in future.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  If Brook hadn't kept feigning injuries to avoiding fighting him, then we would've had a much better fight to watch.
                  The same can be said about Alexander.

Had he not been natured last time round, Brook would have already schooled him by now and the hype would have been over.

Comment

Best to stay busy to be fair,, gutted about Kell

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                      He's rated #4 with the IBF so Team Alexander are just going with the highest rated fighter who happens to be Lee Purdy...

Entertaining fighter, albeit got outboxed by a shot-to-shit Lynes so his ceiling has already been found - still could put on a good show against Alexander.

Bit of a joke that the fight is happening but it'll be good to see Purdy get some exposure and a pay-day, what are Team Alexander playing at? Although, it does make some sense from a Hearn stand-point as both are Matchroom and it'd be easier selling the Brook-Alexander fight.

Would still like to see Purdy fight Carson Jones, they're the sort of fights he should be having, not world champions.

Exactly. Devon is doing this fight to fulfill his mandatory defense with the IBF so he can fight whomever he wants in his next fight. I'm not excited for this fight but if it frees him up too take on a bigger name after then so be it. It's not like Alexander is dodging fighters, he's proven he'll fight just about anybody

Comment

Working...
                      X