No announcement yet.

Public misconception about champ KO in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Ive been reading through lots and lots of these posts in the new thread abput broner getting knocked out in sparring, i realized that a lot of people thinks is pretty common for a world champion to get kd'ed or even ko'ed. I wantto clear up on this misconception, this is NOT the case, in fact it occurs very rarely. If ever i hear about a champion being beat up in sparring, its a very good indicator on where the fighters conditioning and mentalstate, a good example was that reports of Oscar Dela hoya getting black eyes in sparring before the pacquio fight, it was evident in the fight that Oscarhad lost before the first bell, broken mentally.

So if infact broner was knocked put in sparring, in raises several key questions like, where is he mentally right now, will this affect his natural fighthing style, will he fear the hogher weights and how good is his chin. Luckily he is facing malignaggi who will never knock him out in a million years.
    broner got ko'd in sparring by a dude who fights at 154. Is this really that big a deal? Has Broner gotten so big that him getting KO'd in sparring warrants a 400+ post thread and about 5 -10 related threads like this?

Someone explain how a guy with 25 fights creates this much attention on NSB?

Comment

You're acting like Broner is a FW or some ****. Boxers spar bigger guys all the time. GGG spars LHWs (for sure) and I've heard HWs too. Rigo at 122 was sparring JLWs or a LW to prepare for Donaire.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Oh and Matthysse has sparred Sergio Martinez as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
          Oh and Matthysse has sparred Sergio Martinez as well.

and i guarantee u sergio wasnt going all out. smh i dont think u know anything about sparring. if u think serg couldnt knock mathysse out if he wanted u clearly are just talking outta your ass

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
            You're acting like Broner is a FW or some ****. Boxers spar bigger guys all the time. GGG spars LHWs (for sure) and I've heard HWs too. Rigo at 122 was sparring JLWs or a LW to prepare for Donaire.

I'm not acting like anything. You have this thing where you don't address the post-and address some point that isnt being made.

The point isnt whether broner got ko'd or not- if he did fine. It doesn't change his record, doesn't make him better/worse, and is not indicative to how he will perform in the ring during a fight.

I'm wondering, as I asked, why him being KO'd in sparring by a bigger guy has garnered so much attention on NSB.

Comment

broner says he walks around in the 50s
              so wouldnt be surprised if they were around the same size

Comment

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me View Post
                broner says he walks around in the 50s
                so wouldnt be surprised if they were around the same size
                have u seen errol spence??? they are definitely not the same size. in the ams spence fought at ww which is essentially the same as fighting at jmw in the pros. he will spend most of his career at mw, i assure.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  I'm not acting like anything. You have this thing where you don't address the post-and address some point that isnt being made.

The point isnt whether broner got ko'd or not- if he did fine. It doesn't change his record, doesn't make him better/worse, and is not indicative to how he will perform in the ring during a fight.

I'm wondering, as I asked, why him being KO'd in sparring by a bigger guy has garnered so much attention on NSB.
                  If its true that he did get ko'd like people are saying it might affect him in the future. If its the first time that's happened to him he might not see himself as invincible anymore. It may make him a better fighter and give him motivation or it may shake his confidence up and make him nervous of it happening again, either way if its true it will have some affect on him.

Comment

i suspect Broner will fight Paulie, then run back down to 140 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by titan m View Post
                      If its true that he did get ko'd like people are saying it might affect him in the future. If its the first time that's happened to him he might not see himself as invincible anymore. It may make him a better fighter and give him motivation or it may shake his confidence up and make him nervous of it happening again, either way if its true it will have some affect on him.
                      But getting exsposed in sparring is natural. You spar so you dont get exsposed in a prize fight. You spar so you can implement the game plan and see what works and what may not.

It would seem if anything Broner and his team found some things they need to improve on.

I agree it may help or hurt. I just didn't expect a 400+ post thread about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X