Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awkward moment at Mayweather gym with Roger Mayweather...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
    Mayweather Sr. is an arrogant douche. It's no wonder why Floyd is the way he is.
    Now just imagine how his and Rogers parents were and how Floyd Jr's kids will act being around all them too. How will their kids turn out? It takes a lot to break that kind of cycle.

Comment

Roger got old over night, anyone who seen them train yesterday could pick up on it, when Roger and Floyd were doing mitts in the ring floyd and roger kept getting halted from mis-timing. Floyd would literally tell Roger he not doing it right and move Roger mitts into the spot he should have placed the mitt so they can do there flawless pad work.

Comment

Need video of this, sounds hilarious. Not the deteriorating health part, but the whole awkwardness of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
          Mayweather Sr. is an arrogant douche. It's no wonder why Floyd is the way he is.
          He's really damn skilled though.

Comment

Roger looks and sounds like he's on crack.

Comment

Floyd probably said something to Roger that had him under the impression that he was going to fight Manny eventually.

that's why Roger said on an interview a while ago that Floyd will eventually fight Manny or he will be labeled the "biggest coward in boxing history".

when i read that article, i was like, lol i hope Floyd really told you that he was going to fight Manny in the future or you're in trouble. well, we all know Floyd still dont want none.

i just didn't expect FLoyd to "fire" Roger because of that, Roger probably hurt Floyds sensitive feelings. it hit a nerve. lol

and what is the best wway to hurt Roger? by hiring Sr. lol

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                He took punishment because Cotto is a great fighter, a fighter who can damage you with his jab alone, he has always been a penetrating combination puncher, and I have no doubt he would have caused Floyd damage at any point in his career, even when Floyd used his legs more, Cotto is great at cutting off the ring. Sometimes you come across a difficult style, I don't think that performance had anything to do with Roger, or who was training him.
                But what happen with Floyd letting Cotto hit him to give fans a show?

Comment

You want to know what the reality is and why it doesn't matter who is the trainer? It's because after 40+ fights and being one of the best to ever box, Floyd isn't going to change anything he is doing at 36 years old and 17 years in the game.

I know there's a lot of "trainers" who will say differently, but it's hard or impossible to teach an old dog new tricks. You can tweak things here and there but in the heat of battle, a fighter like Floyd is going to do what he's always done.

Plus, Roger has already said that he let's Floyd do whatever he wants, Floyd runs the show in that gym and Sr. has a strong personality like he does and that's why their heads have clashed.

Comment

Wacthing the media day workout roger aint the same

Comment

That's Floyd Jr for you. He's loyal to nothing. Not his trainer, not his network, not his friends, not his fiancee. Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X