Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Nonito blow his chance at being all-time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did Nonito blow his chance at being all-time great?

most everyone picked him to win, this would have been his biggest win easily..he appears to have gone a bit mad, post-fight. and who can he beat at 126 that will get him his prestige back. i dont think Juan lopez does it for him
    Yes, this stopped his ATG momentum
    36.17%
    No, he has a lot left
    55.32%
    He's Already ATG
    8.51%

No, I don't think it blew his chance. If he is to become an ATG, he will study the film from the fight, and learn, and come up with a game plan on what to do to beat Rigo. That's what ATG's do, it's not wins and losses but how you put all the pieces back together so to speak.

Also, there were many people picking Rigo, just to clarify, I don't know where the poll is, but it's a lot closer than you think. Some people really know their ****.

Comment

the only all time great in that fight was rigo i hate people throwin around the word all time great but its hard to argue rigo will be an atg

Comment

Definitely not. He's got a strong body of work and will have plenty of solid opportunities at 126

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
          No, I don't think it blew his chance. If he is to become an ATG, he will study the film from the fight, and learn, and come up with a game plan on what to do to beat Rigo. That's what ATG's do, it's not wins and losses but how you put all the pieces back together so to speak.

Also, there were many people picking Rigo, just to clarify, I don't know where the poll is, but it's a lot closer than you think. Some people really know their ****.
          ya man i thought it was crazy how many thought donaire would win but i watch alot of amateurs but i dont see donaire beating rigo no matter what he does rigo is just to good if judges score it right rigo will win everytime

Comment

good points. i just hope he doesn't let the loss get to him, like the way a lot of fighters are when they get schooled by Bernard. who is there for him at 126? it seems he'll never fight mares

Comment

I voted no. He was outclassed but not stopped. He'll bounce back harder I'm sure. Rigo probably awakened a monster, but I still think he has his number though. Maybe we'll see a more grimier, aggressive version of Donaire next.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                I voted no. He was outclassed but not stopped. He'll bounce back harder I'm sure. Rigo probably awakened a monster, but I still think he has his number though. Maybe we'll see a more grimier, aggressive version of Donaire next.
                he definitely needs to add more to his game then waiting and looking for a counter knockout punch. this was apparent in the WVIII and the Jeff M fights

Comment

Originally posted by Capncrunch View Post
                  good points. i just hope he doesn't let the loss get to him, like the way a lot of fighters are when they get schooled by Bernard. who is there for him at 126? it seems he'll never fight mares
                  I think they need to make Donaire vs. Chris John happen. That should be his next priority assuming he gets by Juanma.

Then after that it depends on how everything else plays out.

Comment

of course not. he blew this chance to take his career to the next level but there will be other ones. as much as he has achieved in the past he will get other chances.

Comment

Working...
                    X