Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did Nonito blow his chance at being all-time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh God forbid that an ATG could actually lose a fight.

Just look at the record of 99% of ATG's. Do you see any losses? Neither do I.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
      duran was out boxed and embarrassed by leonard in the second fight to the point where he quit ...i bet people at the time would have laughed at the notion of duran being considered ATG at that point in his career...
      You can''t be serious.

Comment

duran was out boxed and embarrassed by leonard in the second fight to the point where he quit ...i bet people at the time would have laughed at the notion of duran being considered ATG at that point in his career...
        Duran was also wrecked by Hearns in two rounds and went on to resurrect his career once again.

BUT, it's ridiculous comparing Duran, one of the 10 greatest fighters of all time, to Nonito freakin' Donaire. Duran at lightweight alone had already established a hall of fame career and was considered one of the best, if not the best, fighter to fight at the prestigious lightweight division.

Comment

If Donaire had beaten Rigondeaux, it wouldn't be considered his best win, everyone would start questioning how good Rigondeaux was in the first place.

Comment

Thread backfired on OP. Known Flowmo dick rider.

Comment

Talk about knee-jerk reactions, a guy who hasn't lost a fight in more than a decade, loses to one of the most skilled boxing prodigies to ever come out of Cuba, and now we are going to question his legitimacy after one fight?

Rigondeaux no doubt, put a schooling on Donaire, we've all seen it, sublime footwork, counterpunching, hand speed, etc. People are already crowning him to be a HOF'er and he doesn't even have 15 professional fights yet. He showed he can hang with the top dogs in his division, now lets see how the rest of his career pans out before we crown him.

Same goes for Donaire, he was on a hot streak, typically against fighters tailor made to his style. Does this one defeat mean his career is now in the dumps and he should just say fck it and fight tomato cans the rest of his career? No. Thats the beauty of boxing, it's not always about how well you win, its about how you deal with adversity/ coming back from defeat.

All these new so-called boxing fans want instant gratification, if you don't win every single fight everyone considers you washed up. Look at Mayweather, his bandwagon fans will chant his undefeated record, talk about schooling people, but IF he loses to Guerrero (I highly doubt he will), but IF he does, those same hypocrites will start crying that he was getting old anyways and start riding the Adrien Broner wave (which they already started as a backup plan). All the excuse in the world, because no boxing fan wants to be associated with someone who loses.

Donaire has plenty of time to redeem himself, he just needs to be humbled, stop making excuses, and learn from his mistakes.

Comment

As of now, Yes IMO.

Comment

i'm not comparing their skill set..i'm comparing circumstances..the fact is don't count someone out because they lost....especially when you consider donaire does have the skill and potential to have a successful career at 126 and 130.

pac lost to morales...but went on to become greater...
                  Or how about Morales getting schooled by Raheem. Morales is still obviously a great.

Comment

No, Donaire has a long career ahead of him. If Mikey moves up to 130 which looks like he will to fight Rocky Martinez then Donaire can dominate the 126 division starting first to fight Juan for the vacant WBO Featherweight Title.

Comment

I would say no. It doesn't blow his chances of being an all time great. I think Donaire will have his surgery be with his wife and new born son. Spend some time with them and will be back at the end of the year.

Donaire will move up in weight to 126 and TR will try to make JuanMa vs Donaire. Maybe 2014 he can get the rematch with Rigondeaux and fight him at 126 after Rigondeaux cleans out the 122 division and decides to move up.

Even If Donaire doesn't fight Rigondeaux again. He has a lot left in him to fight all the best guys at 126 except of course Mikey Garcia. They have the same trainer.

Comment

Working...
                      X