Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bika-Permiban Officially Approved For Vacant WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love how Bika ALWAYS gets a title shot despite never beating a world class opponent

Comment

Bika better KO him.... or he won't win

Comment

I find it very interesting the GBP fighters keep getting vacant WBC title belts sanctioned for upcoming fights. Canelo vs Hatton, Mares vs Morel, Morales vs Cano immediately come to mind. They were all sanctioned for the WBC title within weeks of the fight. When guys like Ward, Bradley, Nishioka get stripped for these bouts to be sanctioned weeks later it reeks of corruption. How the hell is Ward stripped and Bika afforded the opportunity when he lost to Ward already? And Periban is another green horn, last July he was fighting an opponent that was 12-6-4 and less than a year later he's fight for the freaking WBC Super Middleweight championship. I guess when you hail from Mexico you're entitled to the WBC belt. Disgusting!

Comment

Originally posted by KTFO View Post
          I find it very interesting the GBP fighters keep getting vacant WBC title belts sanctioned for upcoming fights. Canelo vs Hatton, Mares vs Morel, Morales vs Cano immediately come to mind. They were all sanctioned for the WBC title within weeks of the fight. When guys like Ward, Bradley, Nishioka get stripped for these bouts to be sanctioned weeks later it reeks of corruption. How the hell is Ward stripped and Bika afforded the opportunity when he lost to Ward already? And Periban is another green horn, last July he was fighting an opponent that was 12-6-4 and less than a year later he's fight for the freaking WBC Super Middleweight championship. I guess when you hail from Mexico you're entitled to the WBC belt. Disgusting!
          Dude... .it's the WBC.... pretty standard now.

Comment

Wow. From Ward to this?

Comment

Wow. What an awful fight. If this is going to determine Wards next opponent he might as well just throw the WBC belt in the trash. Let them hand it to Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                Either way I'm rooting for Bika to become a world champion - I think he's more deserving than most.
                Yeah, that's the only reason I could possibly be remotely ok with this. It's still pathetic but a positive note to it is that a boxing good guy can get a title try against someone other than Calzaghe or Ward. I really hope he wins!

Comment

I'd say Periban is too green for Bika, but this is disgusting anyway

Comment

Haven't seen anything of Periban, any good?

Comment

Why didn't they just add it to the Froch-Kessler fight? There you have two warriors, arguably ranked 2 and 3, battling it out.

The WBC are a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X