Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else really not bothered about Mayweather vs Guerrero?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually can watch Floyd fights all day. Seeing him solve Cotto and counter Hatton, for instance, was a thing of beauty.

I'll watch it because even if its a wide UD, watching Floyd work is amazing and i'll miss it when he retires.

That said, I wish he was the underdog for once just to see him rise to a new challenge. I would pay 100$ or more PPV to see him put those brilliant skills to work against say GGG (I know, that's not fair, just a dream) or Martinez; ****, even Pac, still.

Floyd has frustrated me for a long time. I'll maintain he's the most gifted boxer of his generation, but by fighting guys like Ortiz, Guerrero, post-Margs Cotto, etc., it means that his legacy will always fall short of the talent.

I'll watch though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      I put down 350 with 7-1 odds
      That's some nice bread if you win. Real nice. I don't blame you at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
        Floyd deserves to be the clear the betting favorite but I feel this is a legit WW scrap. I think Floyd will win a clear cut decision but he will be pushed in this fight.

Fighting a strong, durable, tough WW who can also box effectively. This is a good fight. PDL vs Mares is a good appetizer miss out if you dudes want makes me no difference personally im amped.
        its one of those fights where ur more amped for the undercard than the main event

they should have named the event

MARES vs PDL
        undercard:
        floyd vs guerero

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
          If guerrero wins a rd! It's a gift! Guerrero hasn't Koed anybody for 4 yrs! & the last 2 he Koed were known very Chinny at 130! Floyd knows how to cherry picks! Boxing fans just to dumb that they will put money on this fight!

It this hit over 1M PPV! Floyd will fight another cherry pick next fight! So boxing fans, if u like Floyd to fight tough opponent next fight! Don't buy this PPV!

My family will in a camping vacation on that weekend Date! Good idea!
          I'm not even saying they'll be decisive rounds, just one of those rounds where you could give him the round on activity or pushing the pace, while Floyd's taking a breather or something.

Comment

Robert Guerrero is doing something today on Ustream and nobody gives a fuk, it is kinda sad

but hey come fight night it will be up to him to earn his respect

Comment

Floyd's my favorite fighter and I'm having a real hard time maintaining interest for this fight.

It's like that event your girlfriend if dragging you to that you don't really wanna go to but you're still gonna show up anyways.

Comment

All these *****es complaining but not one have a person for Floyd to fight that qualifies as a better opponent for Floyd at welterweight. The reason is because there isn't anyone and before this fight was signed people was saying he was ducking Guerrero and Canelo..

Comment

I'm hype for the Mayweather/Guerrero fight because 1. It's Mayweather and 2. I am attending in person...

But honestly, the awesomeness of the Rigo/Donaire and Canelo/Trout fights have definitely distracted from the Mayweather fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Almondsand View Post
                    All these *****es complaining but not one have a person for Floyd to fight that qualifies as a better opponent for Floyd at welterweight. The reason is because there isn't anyone and before this fight was signed people was saying he was ducking Guerrero and Canelo..
                    Yep it went both ways I remember when Canelo was rumoured for May 4th everyone said he was ducking Guerrero and vice versa.

Comment

i am convinced guerrero is gonna give floyd a very tough fight and it will be very close despite who wins, guerrero will badly outwork floyd but floyd will keep it close with the few shots that he throws being very clean and eye-catching, and people on here really fall for that and will completely neglect anywork the other guy does, luckily floyd doesn't have the rock head of marquez, although people dont like to count bodyshots on him, i have faith on the judges tho as they are usually alot more competent than the guys on these boards where close fights and close rounds dont seem to exist, anyway, i think the ghost will take it and can see floyd hurt in this but wont go down
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 04-16-2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X