Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Rigondeaux be the next Zahir Raheem?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For starters, Raheem was not a 2 time Olympic Gold Medalist with 400 amateur fights and he was not champion by his 9th pro fight, and Ring champion by his 12th pro fight and a couple of wins over top 10 fighters.

Raheem came out of nowhere with that win and he was just a tune up for Morales for the Pacquiao rematch.

So there's no way Rigondeaux can be the next Raheem. He's already far more accomplished both as an amateur and as a pro.

Comment

Nope. In a good way.

Comment

Im not comparing resumes beteen rigo and rahir but only making an observation as what is to come or not come if he stays with Arum. Arum isnt to keen on promoting this guy. You would think after a win like this your promoter would be taking up a storm hyping you up. Being that he beat his other pino cash cow he rather down play the achievement. If this would have been a victory over Mares he would be singing a different tune. You heard it from me first. Arum will not do the same multimillion dollar paydays for rigo like he does donaire and hes not going to get any significant fights for him to make that happen!

Comment

Originally posted by boxingreporter View Post
          Im not comparing resumes beteen rigo and rahir but only making an observation as what is to come or not come if he stays with Arum. Arum isnt to keen on promoting this guy. You would think after a win like this your promoter would be taking up a storm hyping you up. Being that he beat his other pino cash cow he rather down play the achievement. If this would have been a victory over Mares he would be singing a different tune. You heard it from me first. Arum will not do the same multimillion dollar paydays for rigo like he does donaire and hes not going to get any significant fights for him to make that happen!
          I see what you mean but if Rigo keeps winning Arum has no choice but to adequately promote him.
          As for Zaheer Raheem, I remember watching him outbox Morrales and think to myself "WTF is wrong with El Terrible?" If he would've won his next fight vs Freitas, he might have received a different approach from Bob 'POS' Arum.

Comment

No, he won't. I think TR will have to do a better job promoting him now that he holds that big win over Donaire.

Comment

Working...
            X