Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so, does marquez deserve 30m for fighting pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMM has Pac's soul and it's going to cost to try and take it back. JMM took the short end of the purse in 4 fights not anymore, it's reversed JMM has something Pac wants.

Comment

First testing, now the split.

Marquez has exposed a lot of pactards as hypocrites.

Manny deserved 50/50 with Mayweather, but Marquez doesnt deserve 50/50 despite having more leverage than Mayweather or Pac ever had over each other. At any point.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
        In a rematch between Hatton and Pac, should they split it 50/50? Or should Pac have gotten a much larger share than the first fight?

How about Oscar vs. Pac 2?
        wtf .. pac got a 55/45 split with hatton , pac is way bigger star than hatton , ofcourse he should get the larger split ..

hoya has been irrelevant as a fighter for years now but given he was a huge star, i think he can demand 50/50.. jmm was never near that kind of stardom..

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
        How many PPVs will you get from Pacquiao vs Bradley rematch? Or vs Rios? 800K?

That's like 48M, and if you give half to HBO then you have 24 million.

Now you might say "woah, that's a lot of money!" ... Well it is, but if you can fight Marquez for 1.2 or 1.3 million PPVs then you would get around 78M (30M more, or a 62% increase if you want to see it in its relative value) then who would you choose?
        yeah but it doe'nt make bussiness sense for pacquiao to take 50/50..

here:

manny = 26 mil , jmm = 5 mil , thats 31 mill right there.. with jmm asking 50 /50, pac would only end up with making 15. 5 mil

now ,

manny made = 22 mill vs bradley = 4 mil.. thats 26 mill right there.. if he fights bradley and keeps even 70% of that , manny would make 18 million.. we all know bradley cant draw flies to **** , so whoever manny fights, he'd still make a lot more than fighting marquez with the 50/50 split........

Comment

If Manny wants his get backs agains't Marquez then make it happen Pac or else kick rocks and move on.

Comment

A 50/50 split is not going to happen nor should it. Marquez has every right to ask for it. Im sure Pacs team made an offer already. Marquez made his counter offer, which was a 50/50 split. Now the real numbers somewhere in between. Pacs fight date is still a ways away so its not really a big deal yet. If not then im sure Arum is also making offers to other fighters as well. Us as fans need to chill.

Comment

Where are you getting this figure from? I believe he is talking 50 percent of the PPV. Demanding "equal pay" is not demanding 50/50 is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                If Manny wants his get backs agains't Marquez then make it happen Pac or else kick rocks and move on.
                thats exactly what pac is going to do if marquez does'nt come back to his senses and change this 50/ 50 bull**** ... he'd still make more fighting anybody with him getting 80% of the split anyways than fighting jmm with an even split..

good luck to marquez getting paid more than 2 mil with anyone else...

Comment

Originally posted by Capncrunch View Post
                  Where are you getting this figure from? I believe he is talking 50 percent of the PPV. Demanding "equal pay" is not demanding 50/50 is it?
                  the figures are based on thier past purses and even if marquez was only talking about ppv , thats 90% of where the moneys is ....

Comment

50/50 sounds fair to me. I believe cotto received 12 million when he fought pacman. Marquez pulls as many people as does cotto so he should get a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      wtf .. pac got a 55/45 split with hatton , pac is way bigger star than hatton , ofcourse he should get the larger split ..

hoya has been irrelevant as a fighter for years now but given he was a huge star, i think he can demand 50/50.. jmm was never near that kind of stardom..
                      I meant if the fight were immediate rematches.

Why did Hatton get a 45% split vs. Pac the first time if he's not a huge draw?

Comment

Working...
                      X