Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    You aren't lying

bruv, would i lie?
    i might use my rhetorical license in supporting my case, and in being persuasive, but the strength of such rhetoric is built on truths and syllogisms. i'd hardly be credible if i were lying about commander vander and how well conditioned he is, and the remainder of his foot and handspeed as a middle aged man.

i'm interested in knowing if you've got anything wagered on the fight tonight; as you're one of bscenes premier wagerers, and just one of the dudes i respect greatly and from whom i can pick up some new things, especially regarding gambling.
    my "new years resolution" was to gamble more. true story.

obviously i'm not looking to know how much you've got wagered that's a tad personal, unless you want to tell me of course. i just want to know which direction you're leaning, and mostly what you're thinking about for the over and under on rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      bruv, would i lie?
      i might use my rhetorical license in supporting my case, and in being persuasive, but the strength of such rhetoric is built on truths and syllogisms. i'd hardly be credible if i were lying about commander vander and how well conditioned he is, and the remainder of his foot and handspeed as a middle aged man.

i'm interested in knowing if you've got anything wagered on the fight tonight; as you're one of bscenes premier wagerers, and just one of the dudes i respect greatly and from whom i can pick up some new things, especially regarding gambling.
      my "new years resolution" was to gamble more. true story.

obviously i'm not looking to know how much you've got wagered that's a tad personal, unless you want to tell me of course. i just want to know which direction you're leaning, and mostly what you're thinking about for the over and under on rounds.
      I have Donaire/under 9.5 at -150 which is a fairly risky bet, but I am going with a feel. In the world of sports gambling boxing is by far the best if you know the deal, but keep in mind patience is a virtue and make sure to get your money in when you have the advantage. My bet tonight is not something I normally advise doing but, I have money to play around with while still being up plenty and like I said I have a feeling.

In my response, I was being cute since some dude just said I was lying in another thread, so I figured I would use the negative since I agreed. Certainly though I would take Evander even at 50 in any sort of athletic competition over most of the guys on the list.

Comment

I have Donaire/under 9.5 at -150 which is a fairly risky bet, but I am going with a feel. In the world of sports gambling boxing is by far the best if you know the deal, but keep in mind patience is a virtue and make sure to get your money in when you have the advantage. My bet tonight is not something I normally advise doing but, I have money to play around with while still being up plenty and like I said I have a feeling.

In my response, I was being cute since some dude just said I was lying in another thread, so I figured I would use the negative since I agreed. Certainly though I would take Evander even at 50 in any sort of athletic competition over most of the guys on the list.

do you use the internet, or a local establishment / source to place your bets?

Comment

do you use the internet, or a local establishment / source to place your bets?
          Local, I don't know what I will do when the old man kicks it.

Comment

Local, I don't know what I will do when the old man kicks it.

so you're betting twice, once on donaire to win by any means, and another for the fight to go less than 9.5 rounds while betting @ 150 to win 100?

that seems pretty reasonable. 9.5 rounds is a long time for two huge punchers and one bad chin, even with 122 lbers.

Comment

That's a pretty sorry list right there

Comment

so you're betting twice, once on donaire to win by any means, and another for the fight to go less than 9.5 rounds while betting @ 150 to win 100?

that seems pretty reasonable. 9.5 rounds is a long time for two huge punchers and one bad chin, even with 122 lbers.
                Yea it's a two bet parlay, that was what I needed to do to get the odds close to what I wanted for Donaire.

I need both to come through for me to win that bet though, which is why I called it a risky move.

Under by itself was a real good number though +215, and I do have some money on that will cover expenses.

I am cool as long as the fight doesn't go over.

Comment

Had the Klitschko brothers been American, a lot of people wouldn't talk so much crap about them and be so disrespectful.

Comment

The truth is, Toney is still the best. Sad to say that.

Comment

Working...
                    X