Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins To Gennady Golovkin - Here I am Baby!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Is Hopkins trying to drag another fighter up two weight classes and ruin his career?
    No. Golovkin is trying to drag himself two weight classes and get his career ruined.

Hopkins, like any other fighter at 168-175, is just accepting the challenge of this unproven Middleweight. Otherwise, if he says no, what would people say about him then; he's ducking, scared, gonna cherrypick Murat/Cleverly? etc. Now I doubt Golovkin and his people actually want to commit career suicide like this anyway. If he's gonna go up in weight, just fight Chavez Jr, and Pavlik, those are stylistically better fights for him.

Comment

• If Bernard had said no to this you just know that all the fanboys would be going on and on about how everyone is afraid of GGG and how he can't get a big name fighter in the ring with him.
      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 04-12-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        No. Golovkin is trying to drag himself two weight classes and get his career ruined.

Hopkins, like any other fighter at 168-175, is just accepting the challenge of this unproven Middleweight. Otherwise, if he says no, what would people say about him then; he's ducking, scared, gonna cherrypick Murat/Cleverly? etc. Now I doubt Golovkin and his people actually want to commit career suicide like this anyway. If he's gonna go up in weight, just fight Chavez Jr, and Pavlik, those are stylistically better fights for him.
        A potential loss two weights up wouldn't mean his career is ruined. On the contrary, he'd probably benefit from the exposure a fight with Hopkins would bring.

Comment

• B-Hop obviously knows he has a better chance vs GGG than he does with Ward. And he knows a great deal of **** about boxing.

Comment

• Please don't make this fight.

Please.

Comment

• Why not? Golovkin wants it.

Comment

• I don't really wanna see this fight go down at any weight. But for now ggg has macklin to worry about
                Last edited by Joey_Torreo; 04-12-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Why not? Golovkin wants it.
                  From a personal point of view, I want Golovkin to try and clean up at Middleweight. Add that to the fact that GGG isn't even a big MW and to go up to 175 and take on any top fighter would be an awful career move, never mind doing it against someone as good as Hopkins.

Comment

• Please Bernard beat this guy so everyone can stop hyping up GGG like he's Sugar Ray

Comment

• Uh oh..... I don't think Hopkins is a good boy

Comment

Working...
                      X