Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins To Gennady Golovkin - Here I am Baby!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting a hard-on for this. Make. IT. Happen.

If it was GGG that called him out, then Hopkins is entitled to pull a Ward and call his bluff. Then GGG can go back to 160 and pretend like nothing ever happened. That is unless his encounter with Hopkins leaves him soulless and he starts losing every fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      If Hopkins gets that ref from the Hatton-Tszyu fight he'll be allowed to hold all he wants. Maybe even get a pass on some low blows too.
      He could just bring Joe Corruptez out of retirement, he let him hold on all night v Calzaghe and fake a couple of low blows to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Like he did to Calzaghe? Dawson? Taylor? How are you quantifying 'guys like that'?
        Well Weebler, if you can't see a huge difference in styles between Golovkin and those three guys you mentioned then forget about it.

Comment

Wait...Calzaghe is coming back?

It's all too scary for a Mayweather fan

Naw man, Golovkin's footwork exceptional, his boxing ability is much better too.

Biggest question is whether Golovkin can take light-heavyweight power, and whether the ref would let Hopkins hold on all night.
          golovkin has better footwork then pavlik but in no way is it exceptional (he's actually a bit slow & doesn't move his head) i don't think b hops power will bother him as much as his movement, tricks, & unpredictable pot shotting.

hopkins also likes to smother fighters.
          Last edited by Godsfly; 04-12-2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

This is deja-vu....anyone remembers a guy named Pavlik? He was being hyped the same and everyone (most notably Larry Merchant) was upset when it became that evident that he's being outclassed in the ring.

Hopkins, for the last part of his career, is strategically picking opponents, mostly come-forward type of guys, who he can confuse and out-slick with his lateral movements. If i were GGG handlers, i would steer him away, the same after-the-fact suggestion Larry Merchant made that Pavlik's manager should have known better.
            Last edited by megas30; 04-12-2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

He could just bring Joe Corruptez out of retirement, he let him hold on all night v Calzaghe and fake a couple of low blows to boot.
              Actually Cortez broke them up anytime they got close. Cortez constantly broke them up.

This is why you're a hypocrite. You said for years that Cortez influenced the Hatton Floyd fight by not allowing Hatton to be physical and fight nasty on the inside. This is exactly what Cortez did against Hopkins against Calzaghe so yep, you're a straight up, undeniable hypocrite, period.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                golovkin has better footwork then pavlik but in no way is it exceptional. i don't think b hops power will bother him as much as his movement, tricks, & unpredictable pot shotting.
                He's obviously not the best mover but his footwork in cutting off of the ring is exceptional. Methodical and effective.

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Well Weebler, if you can't see a huge difference in styles between Golovkin and those three guys you mentioned then forget about it.
                I was trying to get at what redfoxx meant by 'guys like that'. As much as those three guys have different styles to Golovkin, so does Kelly Pavlik who I see mentioned repeatedly in this thread as an example.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  Actually Cortez broke them up anytime they got close. Cortez constantly broke them up.

This is why you're a hypocrite. You said for years that Cortez influenced the Hatton Floyd fight by not allowing Hatton to be physical and fight nasty on the inside. This is exactly what Cortez did against Hopkins against Calzaghe so yep, you're a straight up, undeniable hypocrite, period.
                  He refereed the Calzaghe fight very differently imo. I wish Hatton had been given the leeway Hopkins got from old Corruptez but he was on Ricky from the start. It was inconsistent.

Anyhow, this is off-topic (well done ShoulderTroll) and appears to be going the name-calling route on one side so I'm not continuing with it.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 04-12-2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Not a smart move by Golovkin to jump up 2 divisions, least of all to fight B-Hop.

Although GGG's boxing skills are somewhat underrated I don't think this is a right fight for him. He should stay @ 160 for the time being and prove himself against the top guys there before thinking of moving up.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Anyhow, this is off-topic (well done ShoulderTroll) and appears to be going the name-calling route on one side so I'm not continuing with it.
                      Check the thread. You're the one who started it and brought all of this up first.

Don't expect people to just let your little trolling comments go by without a response.

Comment

Working...
                      X