No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Has No Retirement Regrets After KO Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton Has No Retirement Regrets After KO Loss

Ricky Hatton has no regrets over his comeback last year but is now happily retired and focused on leading middleweight Martin Murray to world title glory.

Hatton made his return to the ring after a three-and-a-half-year absence against fringe welterweight contender Vyacheslav Senchenko, who knocked the former two-weight world champion out in the ninth round.

The Mancunian immediately announced his retirement in the press conference following his defeat to the Ukrainian in November last year and harbours no thoughts of another comeback.

"I look at the ring now and it scares me to death to be honest with you," said the 34-year-old.

"I gave it a go in the comeback and I needed to know whether I still had it. There's nothing more than a knockout defeat that makes you think 'right, that's it, I know now' and I can go into retirement happy and content that I gave it a go. It's win-win all the way now."

Hatton, who revealed he is expecting his third child and second with partner Jennifer Dooley in August, is turning all his attentions on promoting and training young fighters.
    [Click Here To Read More]

this is good news.

i'd love to see him make some noise as a promotor. these guys need an avenue for their energies once they retire.

there's still only one ricky hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      Definitely. He may not have been one of the most gifted (British) fighters, but he was one of the most entertaining.

Comment

Good to hear he's happy after everything he's been through in the last few years. There should be nothing but respect for Ricky, he went out of his way to fight the best when he could've stayed in Manchester and defended his title 10-15 times against nobodies (ala Joe Calzaghe)

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          this is good news.

i'd love to see him make some noise as a promotor. these guys need an avenue for their energies once they retire.

Agreed.

Comment

He'll always be a legend.

Comment

Working...
            X