Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so called "boxing fans"always complaining about boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    Ok so let me explain the story.

Once upon a time, this site was run rapid by Pacquiao fans, from 06/28/2008 all the way to 12/08/2013.
    They were were Pacquiao fans only, they did not know any other boxer, if It wasn't Pacquiao, it didn't make sense.
    During this time they were picking Pacquiao to KO heavyweights all the way from a Prime Tyson and Vitali. Although they quiver at the very thought of when Sergio Martinez and Paul Williams called out Pacquiao and stated that Pacquiao was too small all of a sudden.

They started to hate Floyd Mayweather after failed negogiations of the first fight, they even attempted to argue that they had better boxing knowledge because majority were not black, mexican or puerto rican.

This created the F-l-o-m-o-s, crazy Floyd fans who felt that Floyd was the best thing since sliced bread. They feel that Floyd is better than all the legends simply because he is undefeated, even though Floyd has not taken the road to being great as of late. They support Floyd through and through and most of them also started watching boxing around 2008.

So now we have a North Korea and South Korea issue, BoxingScene is now full of F-l-o-m-o-s that are happy and content because Floyd is still winning.
    Also Pac-tards, they are now Marquez and Sergio Martinez fans, Martinez because they feel that he beats Floyd easily, and Marquez because they are still butt hurt over what happen to Pacquiao so they are playing it off.

There are a few sane boxing fans here who are not fanboys, they are rare.

Every popular fighter has a ridiculous following. And the Floyd Mayweather fans were around in full force before Pac ever hit the scene.

These overly enthusiastic fan bases are nothing new. Just ask anyone that was on here pre 2008 with Cotto, Margarito, Floyd, and Hatton.

Comment

I would also like to cite that epoints are there to be used to support your convictions. You can't just say boxer A will beat boxer B without putting your points on the line, let alone real money. In short, put your damn money where your mouth is.

I'd like to see, for instance, people to either have ZERO points on their accounts or their epoints DOUBLED after this Saturday's fight.

Isn't that more interesting and fun?

I'm not betting simply because I'm not sure who is going to win, Donaire or or Rigondeaux.

Comment

2012 had alot of cancellations i'm glad 2013 has brought us some ****ers already

Comment

It's group think. You have people who have legitimate concerns and dislikes. Others hear it, might not either understand or articulate it well enough and it gets butchered as it goes down the line. There are boxers and/or trainers, who may or may not be educated or versed in the sport and express their discontent, then casual fans/boxers pick that up and spread it around.

It could also be that the boxing world isn't perfect in itself. If it were, everyone would get everything. Everyone's world champions, everyone wins, everyone gets money, everyone's famous. Reality is, there's not enough of everything to spread around. So there's a lot of unhappy customers.

Comment

Basically it all comes down to this, as said by P4P No1

It's because this site has a lot of sad and lonely people who never amounted to anything in their personal lives so take it out on those achieving great things in theirs.[/QUOTE]

****! ****!

Comment

@RightStraight. Nicely put and straight to the proverbial point.

Personally, I complain about boxing because I love the sport and feel that it should really be something more substantial than a niche business which is increasingly only followed by a loyal, but dwindling, legion of fans.

Bad, short-sighted management
              The cynical shielding of prospects on the way up
              The equally cynical protection of champions from prospects
              The idiotic unwillingness to make unification fights between top champs
              A failure to realise other sports are innovating and competing for attention
              Terrible mismatches touted as important/exciting fights

.....just a few of things that might well be sending boxing to the dustbin of sporting history.

Comment

Originally posted by rico ward View Post
                I have only been here a few days and most of the threads on here are filled with posters complaining about boxers,calling them all kind of names yet saying they will stream their fights.

I am not going to site on a website and post negative comments over and over again about a sport i claim to love.
                Haha no, Larry. This is like your 40th alt. And you do the same thing to Pacquiao, GGG, Matthysse, Klits etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post

Every popular fighter has a ridiculous following. And the Floyd Mayweather fans were around in full force before Pac ever hit the scene.

These overly enthusiastic fan bases are nothing new. Just ask anyone that was on here pre 2008 with Cotto, Margarito, Floyd, and Hatton.
                  UMMMMMMMM No I had a older account that I cant access anymore, IE forgot the email

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    It's a sport where its followers have every right to complain.

We complain because we love it so much, if we didn't care, we wouldn't bother saying anything about it.
                    Exactly. I feel like I have the right to complain if 2 of the greatest active fighters are welterweights simultaneously and don't fight. I'll complain my a$$ off.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                      Ok so let me explain the story.

Once upon a time, this site was run rapid by Pacquiao fans, from 06/28/2008 all the way to 12/08/2013.
                      They were were Pacquiao fans only, they did not know any other boxer, if It wasn't Pacquiao, it didn't make sense.
                      During this time they were picking Pacquiao to KO heavyweights all the way from a Prime Tyson and Vitali. Although they quiver at the very thought of when Sergio Martinez and Paul Williams called out Pacquiao and stated that Pacquiao was too small all of a sudden.

They started to hate Floyd Mayweather after failed negogiations of the first fight, they even attempted to argue that they had better boxing knowledge because majority were not black, mexican or puerto rican.

This created the F-l-o-m-o-s, crazy Floyd fans who felt that Floyd was the best thing since sliced bread. They feel that Floyd is better than all the legends simply because he is undefeated, even though Floyd has not taken the road to being great as of late. They support Floyd through and through and most of them also started watching boxing around 2008.

So now we have a North Korea and South Korea issue, BoxingScene is now full of F-l-o-m-o-s that are happy and content because Floyd is still winning.
                      Also Pac-tards, they are now Marquez and Sergio Martinez fans, Martinez because they feel that he beats Floyd easily, and Marquez because they are still butt hurt over what happen to Pacquiao so they are playing it off.

There are a few sane boxing fans here who are not fanboys, they are rare.
                      Don't forget the cotttards.

Comment

Working...
                      X