No announcement yet.

David Haye vs Kubrat Pulev: Predictions and breakdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Yeah they must have forgot. because that never happened. In fact, the only good punch Chisora landed on Haye was a left hook after the bell went in the 3rd round.
    The round when they rang the bell 15 seconds early?

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      Haye's power is another overrated aspect of his game...

Haye has taken clean punches off everyone he has fought at heavyweight, his defence is simply not good enough for him to rely on reflexes. Why must you persist on bigging up his poor defence?

Who has Haye fought that was on Pulev's level or higher at heavyweight?

Wlad Klitschko.

That's it...

I see him trying to pot-shot Pulev, some success followed by his head snapping back as Pulev jabs. Finish him off like Chisora? That's a ridiculous statement. Pulev is far too good to be finished off like Chisora, who's sloppiness ultimately brought on the KO.

I'm going to leave it at that, I hope the fight happens but I honestly doubt it so all this talk is for nothing.

Lol it let him to the HW championship of the world. The man has been cut once in his career. And no, that is simply not true. The point is not whether he has taken clean punches or not, it's boxing. The point is, he dodges more punches than anyone else in the division and for you to downplay his power (90% KO ratio), his speed and defense is baffling to me. But it's all good we'll see.

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      The round when they rang the bell 15 seconds early?
      Do you think Haye keeps a count in his head or what? Obviously, that's not something he can do anything about. The bell rang, that's it.

Comment

Lol it let him to the HW championship of the world. The man has been cut once in his career. And no, that is simply not true. The point is not whether he has taken clean punches or not, it's boxing. The point is, he dodges more punches than anyone else in the division and for you to downplay his power (90% KO ratio), his speed and defense is baffling to me. But it's all good we'll see.
        I said I'd leave it but I can't let this go...

Who did he beat to win that championship? Who has he beaten since? He hasn't even beaten another top contender for fuck sake. He dodges more punches than anyone else in the division? Based on what?

I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, it just seems like you pulled it our your arse though.

Funnily enough, Haye's speed is the only aspect of his game I did not critique. His power isn't as good as people think, did you seriously just cite his KO ratio? His defence is poor, no question about it.

You describe him to be some untouchable, 1-punch KO power machine with blinding speed... you're yet to touch on his chin and stamina, but I'm sure they're amazing too.

In reality, he's a blown up cruiserweight who's stamina issues are ever more present as a heavyweight. His best assets are his speed and power, the latter not being as greater asset as some make out. Doesn't have the sturdiest chin either and is defensively poor. Keeps his hands low and prefers to roll or pull away from the punch but doesn't do this good enough. When has he ever really impressed anyone at heavyweight?

Listen, the power & speed is subjective but his defence is not. Try and tell someone else Haye's defence is world class and they'll laugh at you.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          I said I'd leave it but I can't let this go...

Who did he beat to win that championship? Who has he beaten since? He hasn't even beaten another top contender for fuck sake. He dodges more punches than anyone else in the division? Based on what?

I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, it just seems like you pulled it our your arse though.

Funnily enough, Haye's speed is the only aspect of his game I did not critique. His power isn't as good as people think, did you seriously just cite his KO ratio? His defence is poor, no question about it.

You describe him to be some untouchable, 1-punch KO power machine with blinding speed... you're yet to touch on his chin and stamina, but I'm sure they're amazing too.

In reality, he's a blown up cruiserweight who's stamina issues are ever more present as a heavyweight. His best assets are his speed and power, the latter not being as greater asset as some make out. Doesn't have the sturdiest chin either and is defensively poor. Keeps his hands low and prefers to roll or pull away from the punch but doesn't do this good enough. When has he ever really impressed anyone at heavyweight?

Listen, the power & speed is subjective but his defence is not. Try and tell someone else Haye's defence is world class and they'll laugh at you.
          That has nothing to do with what I said. And no I'm not trying to make him out to be untouchable. You clearly have something against the guy. I've seen you refer to him as a **** in multiple threads, so I take your opinion with a grain of salt.

You say his power is not as good as "people" think. How would you know? Danny Williams said he hadn't been hit as hard as he did by David in sparring since Vitali. Tony Thompson said something similar after the Harrison camp. He knocked down Ruiz in 30 seconds and stopped him - something that hadn't happened in 16 years and stopped Chisora in 5, something Vitali couldn't do in 12. So I think i'm in the right saying he has good power - and his KO ratio merely backs me up. But you dismiss that.

I agree he doesn't have the best chin, but his reflexes are so good that he can afford to keep his hands low to invite people to take punches he can counter - that isn't his defense, but his attack.

Defensively, he does the shoulder roll very good, dodges punches and takes his opponents jab away.

Comment

Do you think Haye keeps a count in his head or what? Obviously, that's not something he can do anything about. The bell rang, that's it.
            I don't think either fighter was aware the round had ended until Pabon stepped in.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              I don't think either fighter was aware the round had ended until Pabon stepped in.
              Agree. And just to make it clear, it wasn't an excuse for him taking a punch, more because of the time when it happened.

Comment

Pulev is a durable fella; it won't be easy for Haye to blast him out of there.

If Pulev could stay in there past round 5, I think he'd stop Haye late/win a decision.

Comment

This is the best fight Haye can take right now. I think Haye stops him. Pulev is pretty good, much better than most of the out of shape heavyweights now days, but Haye is on another level.

Pulev is durable, but Haye stops him late.

Comment

He's a **** but I'm not exaggerating his flaws because I don't like him.

Look at what Tua did to Ruiz, that's power. You make it sound like Haye did something similar, except it took him 9 rounds and was caught multiple times in the process.

Didn't Ruiz have Haye shook at one point?

Old man Vitali couldn't stop Chisora and Haye could, that's hardly an achievement. Like I said, Chisora got sloppy and gave Haye the opportunity. His power is good, if Haye lands multiple shots on you - you will be in danger. But he does not possess 1-punch KO power, he does possess a fearful rabbit punch though.

His reflexes aren't so that good that he can afford to, as he cannot. If he had a chin like McCall, then by all means, don't protect it. He doesn't take his opponent's jab away, he eats it.

The highlighted part has everything to do with what has been said. It's not hard to look defensively slick against Harrison or out-speed Monte Barrett.

Comment

Haye wins against any heavyweight except Wladimir...Haye also beats any heavyweight today in brutal fashion,again except Wladimir

Comment

Working...
                      X