Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye vs Kubrat Pulev: Predictions and breakdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth mentioning that Pulev has a better boxing brain than pretty much everyone Haye has faced apart from Wvladimir so he is unlikley to make mistakes and walk onto shots all night.

I wouldnt like to bet on this fight but Im pretty confident it wont happen anyway. If Haye even takes the fight id give him credit. Pulev too doesnt need this fight now and can wait his turn for a title fight so fair play to both if they agree it.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      None of those were punching air when they fought Haye, he may've slipped a few punches but his reflex-based defence is far too leaky. Fair enough he displayed some good movement in the Wlad fight and created his own opportunities but he did not take 'em.

People seem to have completely forgotten about the 5 rounds prior to Haye knocking Chisora out, where he looked far from some agile, un-hittable beast you make him sound to be.

Pulev has a very accurate and educated jab that he will land on Haye frequently. Timing is the counter to Haye's speed, Pulev's footwork is good enough to keep him on the outside where he can outbox Haye. Not to mention Haye's stamina is an issue, I've seen Pulev last in a gruelling fight - Haye doesn't.

I really hope the fight happens and I don't bet with online points, I'll wager real money on Pulev.
      Yeah they must have forgot. because that never happened. In fact, the only good punch Chisora landed on Haye was a left hook after the bell went in the 3rd round.

With regards to Wlad - he was punching air the first 6 rounds with that jab. I don't think Pulev has a better jab than Wlad, nor does he have Wlad's defense or persistence.

But we shall see on the night if it happens.

Still talking about Thompson in 2004? Come on.

Comment

I have big confidence in Haye if this happens, I think he'll blast him out in the first half.

Haye wins.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Yeah they must have forgot. because that never happened. In fact, the only good punch Chisora landed on Haye was a left hook after the bell went in the 3rd round.

With regards to Wlad - he was punching air the first 6 rounds with that jab. I don't think Pulev has a better jab than Wlad, nor does he have Wlad's defense or persistence.

But we shall see on the night if it happens.
          Haye spent 12 rounds posturing and moving against Wlad, showing no real threat offensively and put on an abysmal display only to blame his toe post-fight. I can't remember the fight but I do remember Haye showing, in spurts, good defensive movement.

I'm tired of hearing about Haye's speed & power for when it comes to fight night, he fails to impress. I honestly cannot fathom that out of all the facets of Haye's game you could use to argue your point, you've chosen his defence...

I doubt the fight happens, he's a businessman not a fighter.

Comment

Still talking about Thompson in 2004? Come on.
            Oh, pardon me... I forgot about the Valuev fight... 10 punches a round right? ...and he still looked like he'd done a marathon at the end of it.

Haye doesn't have the stamina for a 12 round fight at a decent pace. Why even mention Thompson?

Comment

Haye spent 12 rounds posturing and moving against Wlad, showing no real threat offensively and put on an abysmal display only to blame his toe post-fight. I can't remember the fight but I do remember Haye showing, in spurts, good defensive movement.

I'm tired of hearing about Haye's speed & power for when it comes to fight night, he fails to impress. I honestly cannot fathom that out of all the facets of Haye's game you could use to argue your point, you've chosen his defence...

I doubt the fight happens, he's a businessman not a fighter.
              I don't want to go into the Haye-Wlad fight again. He didn't show on the night we can agree on that. But Wlad still didn't land anything meaningful on Haye. In fact, the best punch of the night was landed by Haye in the 3rd round. Be happy to see if you have anything else.

It seems like you are generalizing Haye's performances based on the Wlad fight. Like he doesn't have stamina? What do you base that on? He KOs everyone he meets!

If you see earlier in the thread I pointed out his 1-2 as an important weapon in this fight. YOU pointed out Pulev's jab, where i'm saying I just cannot see how he can land that jab when nobody else could. He's not quicker than Wlad.

Comment

Oh, pardon me... I forgot about the Valuev fight... 10 punches a round right? ...and he still looked like he'd done a marathon at the end of it.

Haye doesn't have the stamina for a 12 round fight at a decent pace. Why even mention Thompson?
                lol @ that.

Comment

I don't want to go into the Haye-Wlad fight again. He didn't show on the night we can agree on that. But Wlad still didn't land anything meaningful on Haye. In fact, the best punch of the night was landed by Haye in the 3rd round. Be happy to see if you have anything else.

It seems like you are generalizing Haye's performances based on the Wlad fight. Like he doesn't have stamina? What do you base that on? He KOs everyone he meets!

If you see earlier in the thread I pointed out his 1-2 as an important weapon in this fight. YOU pointed out Pulev's jab, where i'm saying I just cannot see how he can land that jab when nobody else could. He's not quicker than Wlad.
                  ...and those that he doesn't KO?

Even those that he does stop late on, he's visibly fatigued. Wlad didn't land anything big on Haye because he [Haye] fought so tentatively and the last thing he wanted to do was engage Wlad.

Haye fights like that against opponents who are taller than him, where as against opponents of a similar height he adopts a more counter punching role. I think with Wlad he thought one punch would do the job, thus the reluctance to throw. But with Pulev he'll feel more comfortable trying to box with him and will have to contend with a jab in his face all night.

I don't think Haye outboxes Pulev and nor do I value Haye's power in this fight. His speed will prevail in some exchanges but for the most part I see Pulev shooting that jab out and rocking Haye's head back. He's wide open when he throws too so I wouldn't be surprised if Pulev drops him in an exchange or vice versa.

I'm not suggesting Pulev wins via decision, 12 - 0. It'll be a close, competitive fight with Pulev winning because of his boxing ability.

Comment

...and those that he doesn't KO?

Even those that he does stop late on, he's visibly fatigued. Wlad didn't land anything big on Haye because he [Haye] fought so tentatively and the last thing he wanted to do was engage Wlad.

Haye fights like that against opponents who are taller than him, where as against opponents of a similar height he adopts a more counter punching role. I think with Wlad he thought one punch would do the job, thus the reluctance to throw. But with Pulev he'll feel more comfortable trying to box with him and will have to contend with a jab in his face all night.

I don't think Haye outboxes Pulev and nor do I value Haye's power in this fight. His speed will prevail in some exchanges but for the most part I see Pulev shooting that jab out and rocking Haye's head back. He's wide open when he throws too so I wouldn't be surprised if Pulev drops him in an exchange or vice versa.

I'm not suggesting Pulev wins via decision, 12 - 0. It'll be a close, competitive fight with Pulev winning because of his boxing ability.
                    Those that he didn't KO were the biggest guy ever in a boxing ring, the undisputed hw champ of the world and someone else 8 years ago. They can be counted on 4 fingers.

I agree he fought tentatively, but he still showed he was quick enough to dodge most of Wlad's jabs. In fact, I don't remember Haye ever taking any real clean punches. Certainly not in his HW career. Hence I'm sincerely doubting Pulev would land it. Because he is not nearly as quick or precise for that matter, as some of the other fighters Haye has faced.

If the go into exchanges, of course Haye has a chance. but his counter attacking style and power advantage he has over Pulev would allow him to pot shot for the first couple of rounds and then finish him off like Chisora.

Anyway, I hope this fight happens and we shall see.

Comment

Those that he didn't KO were the biggest guy ever in a boxing ring, the undisputed hw champ of the world and someone else 8 years ago. They can be counted on 4 fingers.

I agree he fought tentatively, but he still showed he was quick enough to dodge most of Wlad's jabs. In fact, I don't remember Haye ever taking any real clean punches. Certainly not in his HW career. Hence I'm sincerely doubting Pulev would land it. Because he is not nearly as quick or precise for that matter, as some of the other fighters Haye has faced.

If the go into exchanges, of course Haye has a chance. but his counter attacking style and power advantage he has over Pulev would allow him to pot shot for the first couple of rounds and then finish him off like Chisora.

Anyway, I hope this fight happens and we shall see.
                      Haye's power is another overrated aspect of his game...

Haye has taken clean punches off everyone he has fought at heavyweight, his defence is simply not good enough for him to rely on reflexes. Why must you persist on bigging up his poor defence?

Who has Haye fought that was on Pulev's level or higher at heavyweight?

Wlad Klitschko.

That's it...

I see him trying to pot-shot Pulev, some success followed by his head snapping back as Pulev jabs. Finish him off like Chisora? That's a ridiculous statement. Pulev is far too good to be finished off like Chisora, who's sloppiness ultimately brought on the KO.

I'm going to leave it at that, I hope the fight happens but I honestly doubt it so all this talk is for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X