Robert Garcia believe HBO broadcast team is biased

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course HBO is biased, can't blame them for Rios sucking though

Comment

No one *****es about HBO bias when it benefits them......

in this case, everyone had Alvarado beating Rios anyway...

Comment

they are biased. if you watch the floyd-baldomir fight without them you will see baldomir is the clear winner.
        Last edited by daggum; 04-08-2013, 04:46 AM.

Comment

the hbo broadcasters are biased for sure but i think garcia is wrong about the rios-alvarado fight. almost everyone thought rios would knock alvarado out, figured he couldnt make the necessary adjustments to win and that while it would be competitive early rios would take over as the fight progressed.

well, alvarado made those adjustments and he was the one taking over late in the fight. rios fought well but alvarado fought better, he put on a great performance and won a fight about 95% of fans and "experts" thought he was gonna get knocked out in. avenging his only defeat in the process, a defeat by knockout in his most recent fight.

thats impressive and alvarado deserves all the credit the hbo broadcasters gave him. he pulled off a bit of a stunner, when you win a fight ppl arent expecting you to win you always get more credit and rightfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
            No one *****es about HBO bias when it benefits them......
            Exactly right. HBO have hyped up Rios often enough as well.

All this complaining from Rios camp is very amusing. After the Abril fight, Garcia was saying the people who said Abril won were haters and that Abril was crying about the decision.

They've turned into the biggest cry-babies in the sport themselves after their guy being beaten every bit as clearly as he was beaten in the Abril fight.

Comment

What were they supposed to say? His bum ass fighter was getting beat soundly and he had no answers. I mean he came in with pretty much the exact same game plan in the second fight while Alvarado's team made the necessary adjustments.
              The real issue is Garcia is an overrated trainer. He got Margacheato post plaster and couldn't do anything with him. Rios was the product of Top Rank/HBO match making and feasting on weight classes he had no business in. And anyone can train Nonito Donaire and get good results. Guy is a natural talent and is clearly self motivated to be great (though we will see how great this weekend.)
              Not saying the HBO guys are perfect, but in that fight I feel they pretty much called it like it was. Feel free to correct me with examples....

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
                Robert should just STFU and focus on instructing Rios in English only next time cause Rios doesn't speak Spanish. When I heard Robert talking to Rios in Spanish between rounds against Alvarado, I was like WTF, how the f is Rios suppose to understand him. I know Spanish is a badass sounding machismo language but seriously its not the time to be posing when your getting schooled.

cmon man... you really think garcia, one of the planet's best trainers, is going to give rios instructions in a language he does not speak?

rios has even come back to his corner speaking spanish before. he's all over the internet speaking spanish.

many mexican americans speak spanish at home or have picked it up from their parents in their youth. it's an increidbly easy language to speak and learn.

rios can understand the instructions. that has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Exactly right. HBO have hyped up Rios often enough as well.

All this complaining from Rios camp is very amusing. After the Abril fight, Garcia was saying the people who said Abril won were haters and that Abril was crying about the decision.

They've turned into the biggest cry-babies in the sport themselves after their guy being beaten every bit as clearly as he was beaten in the Abril fight.
                  Pretty much all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac
                    Robert should just STFU and focus on instructing Rios in English only next time cause Rios doesn't speak Spanish. When I heard Robert talking to Rios in Spanish between rounds against Alvarado, I was like WTF, how the f is Rios suppose to understand him. I know Spanish is a badass sounding machismo language but seriously its not the time to be posing when your getting schooled.
                    some people can understand a language without speaking it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

So? Alvarado still won the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X