No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Trinidad is Confident Puerto Rico Will Rise Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post
    I bet you if Danny Garcia becomes a rising Star you won't be saying that ****. I ain't "Boricua" either, I'm Newyorican, but if I was a boxer I'd be representing Puerto Rico with all my heart and you as a fan and as my countryman I would hope would be behind me 100% as such.

On the other hand...yes, we got a serious drought right now and I don't see ANY good fighters on the horizon for us. Dulorme was the last one that was exciting me until him and ****** Dibella bit off more than they could chew with Abregu.

I hope that by the time I come back from Afghanistan in January that there will be a hot prospect that I can look forward to rising up the ranks.

Even if he was the biggest star in boxing or if he ever becomes a huge star, I will still say the same exact thing..He's NOT from here, simple as that! I don't jump on band wagons like a lot of fanatics do.. & anyway, even García himself considers himself a u.s. fighter & has said after fights he's won, that he wins for HIS FAMILY, FREINDS & PEOPLE in PHILLY.. Then he'll throw in the latinos & only in one fight at the end he mentioned the Boricuas, & that was cause someone from his corner yelled out "don't forget the Boricuas"! But say what u want, he's NOT from here & he's never done ANYTHING for the Island..

Comment

They certainly are in a lot of trouble. People mentioning the Philippines being in trouble, look at PR.

It didn't help that in 2012 all their prospects got beat. Before 2012 year started there was a lot of hope for them. Before the 2013 year started it went to panic mode as Cotto, Del Valle, Dulorme, Gonzalez all underperformed.

Gonzalez hasn't lost but he's not that good. He had a draw with a fading Dzindziruk and a Majority decision against Ennis, whose ranked 96th in the world.

What's interesting is the emergence of Argentine fighters with the collapse of PR fighters.

Maybe PR needs better trainers? I heard Del Valle went to train with Nacho Beristain. That's a good move.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        Danny garcia is puerto rican wether he was born on The island or not its in his blood and we have rocky The younger Guys Will be champions soon and The next Big stars Will shine
        No he's not..He hasn't done anything for P.R... He was BORN & RAISED in Philly, everything he's ever done & represented was for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the u.s.a.Just because his parents were born on the here on the Island, doesn't make him from here,¿What part of that don't u understand? & if I'm not mistaken, even his parents have lived the majority of their lives in Philly..

Comment

Tito is correct

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
            They certainly are in a lot of trouble. People mentioning the Philippines being in trouble, look at PR.

It didn't help that in 2012 all their prospects got beat. Before 2012 year started there was a lot of hope for them. Before the 2013 year started it went to panic mode as Cotto, Del Valle, Dulorme, Gonzalez all underperformed.

Gonzalez hasn't lost but he's not that good. He had a draw with a fading Dzindziruk and a Majority decision against Ennis, whose ranked 96th in the world.

What's interesting is the emergence of Argentine fighters with the collapse of PR fighters.

Maybe PR needs better trainers? I heard Del Valle went to train with Nacho Beristain. That's a good move.
            LHe did(Del Valle) & I agree, it is a good move.. That Jonathan Gonzalez("Mantequilla") I've never liked his style & to Me he won't amount to anything & Dulorme needs to get a new trainer cause Bonilla already took him to a level, but can't take him any further & he needs a trainer that could take him to that next level.. & the next prospect to loose is gonna be "Chelo" Gonzalez, he's not ready for that title shot he's up for next..Now "Bomba" Gonzalez, McJoe Arroyo & Verdejo are promising prospects with good skills & power..& the Argentines do have a nice crew of fighters like Lucas Matthysse, Sergio Martinez & "El Chino"Maidana are all some of My favorite fighters, & even thou Omar Narvaéz didn't look impressive at all against Donaire, I've seen him fight acoupe of times before & after Donaire & I like his style..Maidana was training for a while here in Puerto Rico(for 2 fights to be exact)...
            Last edited by Tomasio; 04-07-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Know your Boxing facts from PR

Wilfredo Benitez the second greatest fighter from Puerto Rico was born in New York yet he moved to PR and represented his heritage all the way to the Hall Of Fame

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
                No he's not..He hasn't done anything for P.R... He was BORN & RAISED in Philly, everything he's ever done & represented was for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the u.s.a.Just because his parents were born on the here on the Island, doesn't make him from here,¿What part of that don't u understand? & if I'm not mistaken, even his parents have lived the majority of their lives in Philly..
                He waves his PR flag around, you don't even claim him partially because of that?Anyways most people on the island want to become the 51st state. You will be an American soon too

Comment

Felix Verdejo, Danny Garcia, Orlandito Del Valle and Dulorme are pretty much the rising stars.

Comment

Ok Tito the cheat! the one that had his hands rapped illegally by Tito Sr. and got caught in the Banard Hopkins fight. It took him 3 times to rap his hands the right way. Then Tito Sr. said I always rap Tito's hands that way, what's the problem, its called cheating, and having an advantage over your opponent.
                    Last edited by Toltec77; 04-07-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Danny Garcia is Puerto Rican he reps Latinos and Puerto Ricans every fight! There was a time when Mexico was in a bit of a drought after Chavez and Oscar came along and was embraced. It happens but PR will rise again.

Comment

Working...
                      X