No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Gives Zab Judah Four Rounds To Survive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    I don't understand how guys can acknowledge how Marquez got robbed in the 3rd fight against Pac, but not acknowledge Mathysse-Alexander
    People who think Alexander actually beat Matthysse, either didn't really watch the fight or they're Alexander fans. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      I guess we don't and won't agree on this aspect so lets just agree to disagree. You think Garcia is a bad fighter and I think he is a good fighter so why do I have to be wrong? It's your opinion vs mine. We don't have to force each other to agree. Everything in your posts are just opinions like mine.
      I don't think Garcia is a bad fighter, and I'm not really arguing Garcia's capabilities with you. I'm not understanding how knocking out Morales is impressive, but you don't think Matthysse has any noteworthy wins. The logic you're using to make that argument is not making sense to me. Morales, in no way shape or form, is a better win than Alexander at 140.
      Last edited by bojangles1987; 04-06-2013, 07:43 PM.

Comment

And I'll ask again, why are you holding it against Matthysse that he didn't finish Alexander? Who has Garcia ever stopped that is sturdy and can survive, to use your words, that is as good as Alexander? He's stopped Khan, notoriously bad chin, and Morales, who was way past his best and far above his best weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
          People who think Alexander actually beat Matthysse, either didn't really watch the fight or they're Alexander fans. Simple as that.
          Either that or they use Lucas' loss to Alexander as leverage to why Garcia is the better fighter between the two with the better wins.

That's all it is. People see what they wanna see and hear what they wanna hear.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Let's bet on it then. 2:1 in your favor that Zab doesn't get stopped in the first half.
            I'm down. How many points? Or how do you want to go about it?

Comment

I'm down. How many points? Or how do you want to go about it?
              Since you have less points than I do, you decide.

Comment

Pretty sure Garcia has already been schooled in boxing, was it Theophane? Can't remember, but a good slick boxer should find it pretty easy to beat Garcia. If Khan wasn't so aggressive he probably coulda beat Garcia just using his jab. But that's Khan for you, or at least the one that fought under Roach.

Come on Morales? That was not a win of any value. Morales was waaaay past it. And Garcia fought him twice!? Why do you think Morales wanted to fight Garcia a second time, but refused to fight Khan or a few other 140 pounders?

Convenient how Garcia gets some phantom injury not backed up by any medical documents, so he can duck Lucas Matthysse.
                Last edited by BrokenHat; 04-07-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I don't think Garcia is a bad fighter, and I'm not really arguing Garcia's capabilities with you. I'm not understanding how knocking out Morales is impressive, but you don't think Matthysse has any noteworthy wins. The logic you're using to make that argument is not making sense to me. Morales, in no way shape or form, is a better win than Alexander at 140.
                  Matthysse didn't beat Alexander. Maybe to us boxing fans but on paper he didn't, so it is not marked in as a win "technically". In actuality he did not beat Devon Alexander even though his loss is considered a robbery. Morales was an ok win but the Khan win automatically puts Garcia over Matthias at 140 period because no one Matthysse beat was/is ranked higher than Khan. We are talking about actual facts and not opinions. Garica KO'd Morales who gave Maidana another top guy in the division a tough fight.

So according to your logic Maidana is a s#!t fighter too because he couldn't even finish a one eyed, fat, shot to hell Morales and Maidana was regarded as one of the best at 140 at the time. Matthysse is a good fighter and he has the tools to improve but it is not impressive to me to drop a guy two times and let the guy survive to a decision.

Judah was in that Matthysse fight too. That's why I'm not so sold on the hype of big punchers because once you put a guy in the ring that can take a punch and stay in the fight then the puncher has a problem finishing it. I don't understand why so many get all riled up about Matthysse. I feel the same about Golovkin. I'm not sold on the hype because it takes more than power to win a fight. Nothing personal.
                  Last edited by GRUSTLER; 04-07-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Since we're being so "technical" here, Khan just lost to Peterson the fight before he lost to Garcia.

If we're going solely off boxrec, Peterson never tested positive for roids and according to boxrec has a win over Khan just before Khan lost to Garcia.

So if we're getting "technical" and going off specifically what boxrec says or the record book, Mathysse' win over Olusegun who was undefeated for like 10 years > Garcia beating Khan coming directly off a loss.

Comment

Matthysse didn't beat Alexander. Maybe to us boxing fans but on paper he didn't, so it is not marked in as a win "technically". In actuality he did not beat Devon Alexander even though his loss is considered a robbery. Morales was an ok win but the Khan win automatically puts Garcia over Matthias at 140 period because no one Matthysse beat was/is ranked higher than Khan. We are talking about actual facts and not opinions. Garica KO'd Morales who gave Maidana another top guy in the division a tough fight.

So according to your logic Maidana is a s#!t fighter too because he couldn't even finish a one eyed, fat, shot to hell Morales and Maidana was regarded as one of the best at 140 at the time. Matthysse is a good fighter and he has the tools to improve but it is not impressive to me to drop a guy two times and let the guy survive to a decision.

Judah was in that Matthysse fight too. That's why I'm not so sold on the hype of big punchers because once you put a guy in the ring that can take a punch and stay in the fight then the puncher has a problem finishing it. I don't understand why so many get all riled up about Matthysse. I feel the same about Golovkin. I'm not sold on the hype because it takes more than power to win a fight. Nothing personal.
                      You are talking so much bull****. Fine, whatever. For someone who says you're not trying to hype Garcia, you are doing everything in your power to do just that.

Comment

Working...
                      X