No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Gives Zab Judah Four Rounds To Survive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    I've personally never understood the argument that Morales beat Maidana. It was competitive, and I could understand a draw, but that's at best. 8-4 Maidana seems right for that fight.

You said Matthysse hasn't beaten anyone, but Garcia beating Morales is impressive. Come on. It is not impressive that Garcia beat ancient, fat Erik Morales. That post implies you think more of those wins than Mattysse getting robbed against Alexander or smacking the **** out of Soto and Olusegon. If you do think that, then you are vastly overrating both Garcia and his recent wins.
    So you think Matthysse hurting and knocking down Alexander and Judah but still losing decisions is more impressive then Garcia knocking out Khan and Morales in the 4th round?

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      So you think Matthysse hurting and knocking down Alexander and Judah but still losing decisions is more impressive then Garcia knocking out Khan and Morales in the 4th round?
      I didn't mention Judah. I thought Matthysse won that fight, but I can see how someone scores it for Judah. I won't argue with Khan, Khan was a very good win that no one expected.

Beating Alexander, which Matthysse did, without any legitimate debate, is dozens of times more impressive than knocking out Morales. Don't tell me that fight can be scored for Alexander, it cannot, not realistically. Beating Soto and Olusegon is more impressive than knocking out Morales. So I don't understand how you don't think Matthysse's beaten anybody, when you are impressed with Garcia knocking out old, overweight Erik Morales.

After all, Olusegon was given the shaft so that Morales could fight Garcia to begin with. Who knows if Garcia even becomes WBC champ if he actually has to fight Ajose?

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
        Garcia is an exciting fighter to watch and he does have KO power in both hands. Personally, I just think he has faced opponents that have helped him look better than he really is. He doesn't have that good of D and his foot work is average. I think once he faces some of the top guys in the division, especially the ones with a solid chin, then he won't look as great as people claim. He has that punchers chance against any of them though.
        Already greened you; took the words right out my mouth. Perfect!

This is all that's to it. I really don't see where the debating and confusion comes from. It's really this simple.

Comment

I didn't mention Judah. I thought Matthysse won that fight, but I can see how someone scores it for Judah. I won't argue with Khan, Khan was a very good win that no one expected.

Beating Alexander, which Matthysse did, without any legitimate debate, is dozens of times more impressive than knocking out Morales. Don't tell me that fight can be scored for Alexander, it cannot, not realistically. Beating Soto and Olusegon is more impressive than knocking out Morales. So I don't understand how you don't think Matthysse's beaten anybody, when you are impressed with Garcia knocking out old, overweight Erik Morales.

After all, Olusegon was given the shaft so that Morales could fight Garcia to begin with. Who knows if Garcia even becomes WBC champ if he actually has to fight Ajose?
          On paper Matthysse didn't beat Alexander. Also, Alexander has had plenty of gift wins throw his way and technically lost to Kotelnik. Alexander ain't nothing to brag about. I always say KO's are more impressive then losing split decisions the fighter should have won. Matthysse had Judah and Alexander hurt and down and then survived. That is not impressive to me. Matthysse is a solid fighter but when he fights opponents who are a lil strudy and can survive he can't finish the job. Like I said prior. Peterson will show a lot about Matthysse. I give Garcia a shot at beating all of the guys at 140 at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Garcia shouldn't go into the fight with "4th round KO" on his mind, he should fight smart and let the fight happen. If Zab gets caught in the beginning, more power to Garcia. I just don't think the fight will be that simple. Zab does keep his right hand low and invites the left hook, but he'd be stupid to not be defensively aware of the punch as Garcia will look for it from bell to bell.
            It worked for him 2 times out of 2. Zab is stupid in the ring. His ****iness gets him in trouble. I'm sure he will find a way to lose. Garcia by KO in the 4th or at the most 5th.

Comment

It worked for him 2 times out of 2. Zab is stupid in the ring. His ****iness gets him in trouble. I'm sure he will find a way to lose. Garcia by KO in the 4th or at the most 5th.
              Let's bet on it then. 2:1 in your favor that Zab doesn't get stopped in the first half.

Comment

On paper Matthysse didn't beat Alexander. Also, Alexander has had plenty of gift wins throw his way and technically lost to Kotelnik. Alexander ain't nothing to brag about. I always say KO's are more impressive then losing split decisions the fighter should have won. Matthysse had Judah and Alexander hurt and down and then survived. That is not impressive to me. Matthysse is a solid fighter but when he fights opponents who are a lil strudy and can survive he can't finish the job. Like I said prior. Peterson will show a lot about Matthysse. I give Garcia a shot at beating all of the guys at 140 at the moment.
                Knocking out Devon Alexander and knocking out shot to ****, overweight Erik Morales are 2 different things. What solid, sturdy fighter on Devon Alexander's level has Danny Garcia finished? Beating Devon Alexander and getting robbed is a much bigger deal than knocking out Morales. And again, Soto and Olusegon are both better wins than Morales as well, and you can't use the "Matthysse didn't finish them" excuse either.

You're doing a lot to hype up Garcia for someone who claims you aren't trying to. And you're doing so with some very strange logic.

Comment

Knocking out Devon Alexander and knocking out shot to ****, overweight Erik Morales are 2 different things. What solid, sturdy fighter on Devon Alexander's level has Danny Garcia finished? Beating Devon Alexander and getting robbed is a much bigger deal than knocking out Morales. And again, Soto and Olusegon are both better wins than Morales as well, and you can't use the "Matthysse didn't finish them" excuse either.

You're doing a lot to hype up Garcia for someone who claims you aren't trying to. And you're doing so with some very strange logic.
                  I guess we don't and won't agree on this aspect so lets just agree to disagree. You think Garcia is a bad fighter and I think he is a good fighter so why do I have to be wrong? It's your opinion vs mine. We don't have to force each other to agree. Everything in your posts are just opinions like mine.

Comment

I don't understand how guys can acknowledge how Marquez got robbed in the 3rd fight against Pac, but not acknowledge Mathysse-Alexander

Comment

This is where they lack consistency and makes their hidden objectives transparent

Comment

Working...
                      X