Cotto returns in November targets either Canelo or Martinez at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cotto i stupid, he has no business 154, let alone 160

Comment

160 should not even be an option. He lost against Trout partially because he was the smaller man. Martinez would really mess him up. There are plenty of great fights at 147-150 for Cotto. He just has to train a little harder and eat better. Cotto vs Bradley or Cotto vs Marquez would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
        160 should not even be an option. He lost against Trout partially because he was the smaller man. Martinez would really mess him up. There are plenty of great fights at 147-150 for Cotto. He just has to train a little harder and eat better. Cotto vs Bradley or Cotto vs Marquez would be amazing.
        I really like the idea of Cotto v bradley and Cotto v Marquez. I wonder why he wasnt considered an opponent fot JJM. The fight would sell really well (rico vs mexican). Not sure if cotto can still make 147 but.

Comment

Originally posted by fish262 View Post
          I really like the idea of Cotto v bradley and Cotto v Marquez. I wonder why he wasnt considered an opponent fot JJM. The fight would sell really well (rico vs mexican). Not sure if cotto can still make 147 but.
          Yea making 147 would be tough for him. I just see better/winnable fights at that weight. At 154, I don't think he can beat the top guys. I guess he can fight Canelo for the money and get beat up but like you said there is good money in a fight with JMM as well.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
            He will try to be the first rrican to hold belts in 4 weight classes, and phisical wise Martinez is the only one he can compete with, thats why.

Comment

Thats very sad news! He's going to get hurt, to small, to slow and has NO power! He's using his name and the die hard fans who refuse to see that he's been on the down side for years now will think its great! Damn shame that his people won't make him see the reality! Ray.

Comment

va Canelo: cotto gets ktfo
                vs Martinez: cotto gets ktfo
                vs Chavez: cotto gets ktfo
                vs Trout: trout wins UD, oh wait.. didnt that fight happen already? lol

Comment

RIP Miguel Cotto

Comment

Cotto returns in November targets either Canelo or Martinez at 160
                    Cotto can fight whats left of Martinez in November, after Canelo runs throw him in Sept.

Comment

It looks like it's Murray-Martinez this month and Martinez-Cotto in November. Cotto isn't fighting Canelo before that because Canelo will bet him and then the Martinez fight makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X