Collapse
No announcement yet.

The past month has been kind to Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This whole situation is funny, it's like Top Rank got loaded with more ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      This is the forgotten piece of the puzzle. Khabib gives Arum so much more flexibility in his mixing and matching from 40-47
      A piece that has just entered the equation is Terence Crawford. I think he's capable of beating guys like Lundy and Soto, so Arum should get up on that. Crawford/Lundy and Allakhverdiev/Soto or Aydin on the same card.

Comment

Really fan friendly fight so far, although no one expected Bradley-Provodnikov to end up like that.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          And the thing is... he can fall back on all these rematches in the end.
          Pac/Marquez 5
          Rios/Alvarado 3
          Provo/Bradley 2
          Might aswell keep matching these fighters together over and over, i think thats as good as it gets until Arum does a Don King and becomes irrelevent.

Comment

arum needs to sign gamboa and have him move up to 140

Comment

Arum is a beast. All the top fights are on HBO and with Top Rank!

Comment

Ruslan Provodnikov IS NOT a Top Rank fighter. He is a Banner Promotions fighter, Art Pelullo promotes him NOT Bob Arum. That said I think Crawford is the real find. Never heard of the kid coming out of Omaha but man was he impressive. Interesting to see if TR promotes him as the anti-Broner in the 135-140 weights.

Comment

I wouldn't mind Provodnikov vs Lucky Boy or Jesse Vargas

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                    Ruslan Provodnikov IS NOT a Top Rank fighter. He is a Banner Promotions fighter, Art Pelullo promotes him NOT Bob Arum. That said I think Crawford is the real find. Never heard of the kid coming out of Omaha but man was he impressive. Interesting to see if TR promotes him as the anti-Broner in the 135-140 weights.
                    Oh dang, really? Whoops.... I think he'll try and still make it off with him though... if not... I'd say he'd put Vargas in there for name value.
                    Crawford is a find though, really impressed with his fight last Saturday

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
                    Might aswell keep matching these fighters together over and over, i think thats as good as it gets until Arum does a Don King and becomes irrelevent.
                    Arum's old, he'll die before that happens

Comment

Arum produced another star last week in Alvarado, aside from Provodnikov. And I think Vargas is gaining momentum.

Comment

Working...
                      X