Comments Thread For: Arum Erupts: Rips De La Hoya, SHO, Haymon in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    but why didn't arum attack dibella on that one? Berto is his isn't he
    Dibella gets a pass for doing fuck all with Berto and raping HBO. Top Rank will be working with him going forward and so will HBO so no need to bring him up.

Comment

In the words of Pat Riley "Arum needs to shut the **** up" every time Arum opens his mouth and talks **** about other promoters business, it's the pot calling the kettle black. Arum is the king of setting up tomato can fights. This old **** needs to go away.

Comment

Oscar's never gonna live down the crossdressing incident. He's got no comeback for what Bob said. How do you get owned by someone that's half dead?!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I don't know.

Mares-Moreno, Berto-Guerrero, Broner-DeMarco, Garcia-Khan, those were all pretty good too and fights we hadn't seen before.

Top Rank has done two Rios-Alvarado fights, Bradley-Provonikov (but that wasn't suppose to be how it was, everyone was shocked by that), Garcia-Salido, Pacquiao-Marquez 4, and Chavez-Martinez.

I mean I think both have put on good fights, but Golden Boy is about to go on a major role.

Alvarez-Trout, Floyd-Guerrero, Garcia-Judah (I actually don't mind this fight), Maidana-Lopez, Angulo-Lara, Matthysse-Peterson, Brook-Alexander, I mean these are all good and legit fights.
          Khan VS Garcia wasn't much of a equal fight when it was announced too, neither was Demarco VS Broner. Garcia shocked many though but mainly because he wasn't too known.

IMO TR have had better fights recently, but crap undercards. GBP too often match their top stars with lower weight guys which annoys me.

GBP has some beast fights lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
            Floyd-Cotto was pretty food and they didn't have to fight 4 times to be a FOTY candidate. That's overkill, and they're talking about a 5th fight? Please.
            I wouldn't want to see Floyd/Cotto again, and I don't think it was FOTY candidate either. The way Pac/Marquez 4 ended, it's understandable that some think it should end while others think Pac should get another chance. If they aren't gonna retire, then I wouldn't mind seeing a 5th fight.

Comment

Leggings LOl.

Comment

What Top Rank is really saying is they got lucky on the first FOTY, the Rios/Alvarado fight was a shoe-in and now they're done for the year. Arum is making some noise to the boxing public while the attention is on his fighters. HBO stock will go down midway through the year when Showtime fights kick it up a notch.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  I wouldn't want to see Floyd/Cotto again, and I don't think it was FOTY candidate either. The way Pac/Marquez 4 ended, it's understandable that some think it should end while others think Pac should get another chance. If they aren't gonna retire, then I wouldn't mind seeing a 5th fight.
                  I think it's the perfect ending to an always controversial set of fights. I say leave it alone.

Comment

You gotta admit Arum is right about Haymon. For a while Berto duped everyone into believing he's a real deal. Some clowns even thought the number one guy in the sport was ducking the hypejob. Now once again Haymon is feeding Broner with another series of mediocre competition. I mean how long would this Haymon guy get it?

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
                      Dibella gets a pass for doing fuck all with Berto and raping HBO. Top Rank will be working with him going forward and so will HBO so no need to bring him up.
                      The ending of that relationship will be priceless.

Comment

Working...
                      X