Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It would be sweet if Ward-Golovkin could be made?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    It's not an attractive fight. Froch v Golovkin is a more exciting fight.
    And more realistic. And another chance for the Cobra to make mincemeat of a dangerous fighter.

Make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      Not before Genady get a proper chance at his proper weight. He should get a chance to fight Martinez first. Why push guy up when he still has a lot to do at his division.
      Exactly, let him establish his legacy at 160. It's not fair to ask him to fight the #1 guy at 168 before he gets the chance to face the best in his own weightclass. The GG-Ward talks are premature.

Comment

I don't see why there needs to be a catchweight. GGG will get even more punching power if he adds on 8lbs. Ward looks like a twig at 168 if he takes of those GGG punches to the ribs I don't know how he could continue. But Ward seems to always neutralize an opponents strengths similar to Bhop. So 50/50 fight in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
          Is it a plausible match-up?

Maybe if there was a catchweight, with GGG weighing in around 164lbs in the end and Ward his normal weight.
          Bad fight. Ward makes him look like a clown. I like GGG but he is too green. Does nothing for Ward but make people call him a cherry picker after he toys with him.

Alvarez GGG would be the fight to see at 154. Outside of the age difference, it's a even match up. At 168 someone like Froch would make it interesting but I have Froch beating him too. GGG just needs to stay at 154 IMO.

Comment

Nah GGG should stay at 160 and build up his work there, Macklin, Vera, Lee, Njikam, Murray, soliman, Barker etc are the next level and am sure one or two would fight him, he would not get a Martinez or Chavez fight based on beating Proksa, rosado and Ishioka and I don't care what some of these plebs on here think.

Comment

Ward schools him badly

Comment

It's too soon to speak about this. Ward might be just too big for him. It's almost like asking ward to fight David Haye.

Comment

Mismatch at the moment. Ward chops him up inside of 9. GGG hasn't even fought a bonafide solid top 10 middleweight yet, so it just goes to show you how ahead of themselves people are getting when it comes to Gennady's prospects IMO. Until GGG fights someone like N'dam, Macklin, Barker etc. or someone on that level that is a TRUE 160 pounder I simply can't take him seriously enough to propose him as a serious challenge to someone of Andre Ward's caliber. I can't get the GGG-Ouma fight out of my head, where Golovkin looked absolutely terrible. It seems when someone smothers him, or can defense his power, he has serious problems. This Ishida fight meant nothing. Ishida has terrible defense, and no power. A perfect matchup for Golovkin, and don't think GGG's management weren't aware of that. Golovkin would get dismantled by Ward, Froch and Kessler IMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X