Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would a prime Frank Bruno do in today's HW scene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Here's some highlights of that fight:

Some people forget or just did not know the man when he was young could box the best of them, but a he got older he became terribly slow and stiff

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      He'd do very well, he'd have a decent chance of beating the Klitschko's. Bruno was a very good boxer with great power, he was outboxing a young and hungry Lennox Lewis before getting stopped. Both times he fought Tyson he was like a rabbit in the headlights though, he was scared shitless.
      He was quoted saying" tysons power is just awsome in both hands" he was in awe of tyson's power... Tyson was a killer back then

Comment

Looking over his record he did beat Oliver McCall right after McCall had beaten Lennox. That's a good win right there.

38 knockouts in 40 wins is impressive as well.

Comment

I think he would KO Wlad. I think he'd be the best guy Wlads fought that is his size. He's a solid boxer with good power which could be a nightmare for wlad. Since usually he outboxes the smaller boxers and the big guys he's fought except maybe one or 2 are just heavy hitters with decent skills at best.

He could best today's vital but the one that fought Lewis beats Bruno.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

The Klitchkos are dominant but nowhere as intimidating ad Tyson.

Bruno would have so much confidence since he'd be the only in phenominal shape heavyweight althete who's huge powerful with good skills.

Comment

besides the klitchskos

Comment

Doesnt lay a glove on Wlad, probably stops an old Vitali.

The other contenders wouldnt even pretend to be competitive.

P4P best laugh in the sport in any era.

Comment

yes Bruno for sure beat most heavyweights of today.
                  he would in my opinion be in the top 5 current ring ****zine.
                  had a huge punch. i would give him a better chance against
                  vlad than vitali.

Comment

Oh, Frank Bruno.

If anyone in this thread has NOT watched Lennox Lewis vs Frank Bruno, set aside some time tomorrow and watch that **** front to back. Terribly underrated heavyweight bout. Bruno had heart, man.

Comment

He would be 3rd best in the division after Wladimir and Haye. If Vitali were in his 30s he would be 4th best. Wladimir and Haye had a lot of difficulty landing on each other, and Bruno was a fair bit slower than both of them, so I have trouble seeing him landing punches on either. Vitali wouldn't have a speed advantage, but he had a better chin and 4½ inches in height. Bruno would get caught eventually, as he did against Lewis and Witherspoon.

Comment

Working...
                      X